Windows 10: Decimal point replaced by comma

Discus and support Decimal point replaced by comma in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In calculator, instead of a decimal point, I see a comma. [ATTACH] Also, in Microsoft Word, I see a comma - again in place of a decimal point.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rach1234567890, May 25, 2020.

1. Decimal point replaced by comma

In calculator, instead of a decimal point, I see a comma.

Decimal point replaced by comma 8cc79db8-7ea8-4da5-a05f-19b9f4f37b78?upload=true.png

Also, in Microsoft Word, I see a comma - again in place of a decimal point.

Decimal point replaced by comma 5023d366-6f7b-404d-86e0-03b33861ea5b?upload=true.png

Moved from: Microsoft education/ Office / Word

:)

Rach1234567890, May 25, 2020

2. Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

Hi,

To change the decimal symbol back to a period, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Region. Click on Advance settings.
    • Click the Number tab.
    • Change the Decimal Symbol setting to a period (.).
    • Click OK.
    Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Pinaki Mohanty, May 25, 2020
  3. Vorta13 Win User
    Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

Hello!

I have a problem with Windows Calculator's decimal symbol always being a comma.

I've set my decimal separator in regional settings to be a dot, and it is a dot in other applications I use (like Adobe and Autodesk products). Only Windows Calculator ignores this setting and it remains a comma.

How do I make Windows Calculator (in Windows 10 now) to use dot instead of a comma?

Vorta13, May 25, 2020
  4. Decimal point replaced by comma

decimal comma/point in Windows 10 calculator

Hi.

I have read some post relating this problem. And it is NOT solved yet.

In regional settings I have chosen languaje as Spanish (Spain) and in Adicional Settings in "Region - Format tab", decimal point is set to ",". Most of the applications, as Excel, are right, and use "," as decimal point. But W10 Calculator doesn't. This
    is very frustrating, for example, when you copy and paste a number from/to the calculator and decimal point is not considered. This involves wrong calculations and makes te Calculator app unuseful...

nacho_7373, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Decimal point replaced by comma

1. Decimal point replaced by comma - Similar Threads - Decimal point replaced

2. Use of an apostrophe in numbers instead a decimal point - various programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use of an apostrophe in numbers instead a decimal point - various programs: Recently I have seen an apostrophe ' being used in place of a decimal point in Excel, Calculator, and even when looking at the file size when looking at file properties. For instance, a currency amount now looks like $1234'56 rather than $1234.56, and a file size looks like...
  3. Decimal point . not working on numberpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decimal point . not working on numberpad: Hello,I purchased a USB numberpad. At first, the decimal point would work, then it stopped, only functioning as a Del key, which is its function when not in NumLock. The numbers still print in NumLock. Only the decimal point . is no longer functional. If I turn NumLock off...
  4. Decimal point . not working on numberpad

Decimal point . not working on numberpad: Hello,I purchased a USB numberpad. At first, the decimal point would work, then it stopped, only functioning as a Del key, which is its function when not in NumLock. The numbers still print in NumLock. Only the decimal point . is no longer functional. If I turn NumLock off...
  5. Decimal point . not working on numberpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...: Recently we have upgraded Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2016 and we are facing one issue when we changed Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2106 _the comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol was configured to use is the comma , character in Windows...
  7. Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...

Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...: Recently we have upgraded Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2016 and we are facing one issue when we changed Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2106 _the comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol was configured to use is the comma , character in Windows...
  8. decimal point in windows calculator

in Windows 10 Customization
    decimal point in windows calculator: I have read the various help articles and I need it explained to me how to set up the windows ten microsoft calculator to write numbers like this: 12.34 instead of 1234. or 123.45 instead of 12345. which is default. Can someone please explain this to me in simple terms. I...
  9. Windows Update causing a change to use of decimal characters (period and commas)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update causing a change to use of decimal characters (period and commas): Hi, I work in software tech support. I've had several European users recently experiencing troubles in our software due to decimals being expected as commas or periods or vice versa. Our software will display decimals as either comma or period, but won't accept data input...
  10. Change comma to period as default decimal separator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change comma to period as default decimal separator: This should be simple. I want Windows 10 to treat my numpad decimal separator as a period, instead of comma (danish default). I have changed it under number formats in control panel, but it has no effect on the system whatsoever. I have rebooted the system. Still does not...