Windows 10: Decrease the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10

Discus and support Decrease the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System: AsRock X99M Extreme4 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz RAM: 64GB Graphics: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Dedicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marched, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Marched Win User

Decrease the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10

System: AsRock X99M Extreme4
    CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    RAM: 64GB
    Graphics: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Dedicated Video Memory: 8GB

System Video Memory: 0

Shared Video Memory: 31GB

Is there a way to change how much RAM windows 10 allocates as shared video memory? Specifically, I'd like to change it from 31GB to 8GB or 0GB.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Marched, Dec 22, 2019
  2. And8717 Win User

System Shared Memory

Hi,

I have this issue:

I installed a new GPU on my PC (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) and after that my System information has changed so..

Before:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB

After:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB (7.95 GB usable)

Now I have 2 questions:

• is possible decrease or disable the Shared System Memory? (I can't from bios)
    • in my video card info the Shared System Memory amounts to 4070 MB where are the others 4 GB of my RAM..
      why only 7.95 GB usable an not 12 GB?

Thanks a lot

Andrea

And8717, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Change the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10

System: Gigabyte Z97-D3H-CF (Custom Desktop PC)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz (4 cores - 8 threads)

RAM: 32GB Dual Channel

Graphics: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 (Founder's Edition)

Dedicated Video Memory: 8GB

System Video Memory: 0

Shared Video Memory: 16GB

allocating half my RAM for shared video memory when the card has 8GB of dedicated video memory seems like overkill to me. Is there a way to change how much RAM windows 10 allocates as shared video memory? Specifically, I'd like to change it from 16GB to
    8GB.

Any help would be much appreciated.

jasoncollege246, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Decrease the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10

Change the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10

Hi Jason,

RAM allocation is being configured only via BIOS settings. To be more accurate for allocating your memory, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your motherboard which is
    Gigabyte. They know which programs are compatible with your computer and what exact configuration that you need to do on the operating system side.

Therefore, we have found a thread that is similar to your concern. You can visit this thread:
    Disable or turn off Shared System Memory
    to know how to change or allocate memory.

If you need more help, you can contact us again.

Johann Eva, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Decrease the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10

1. Decrease the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Decrease amount RAM

2. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  3. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  4. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shared gpu memory: I went to task manager and went to the GPU section i saw 0.2 / 2.0 GPU memory does that mean that's the amount of Video Ram I have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-gpu-memory/1f30346c-0e44-4ad3-84be-e34591376985
  6. Shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared gpu memory: I went to task manager and went to the GPU section i saw 0.2 / 2.0 GPU memory does that mean that's the amount of Video Ram I have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-gpu-memory/1f30346c-0e44-4ad3-84be-e34591376985
  7. Shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to read the amount of RAM shared to GPU ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to read the amount of RAM shared to GPU ?: How to read the amount of RAM shared to GPU in Windows 10 ? I have AMD 5700 176105
  9. Windows 10 Pro RAM under-utilization and Shared GPU Memory Setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro RAM under-utilization and Shared GPU Memory Setting: I have a Razer Blade Pro 4k 2017 with 32 GB of RAM and a GTX 1080 8 GB Graphics Card running Windows 10 Pro. I use this computer to do 3D CAD work. My CAD software Sketchup Pro 2020 is more more CPU and RAM intensive than GPU intensive. When working with large files, my...
  10. Decrease the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Decrease the amount of RAM used as Shared GPU Memory in Windows 10: I have 32Gb RAM on my PC but it looks like only 16Gb is utilized, regardless if I even run Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, and Death Stranding simultaneously. At the same time in Advanced Display Settings, there are 16Gb memory allocated as Shared System Memory which I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to decrease the shared gpu memory

2. shared gpu memory windows 10