Windows 10: Decreasing font size

Discus and support Decreasing font size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I decrease the font size on my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ronda Harper, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Decreasing font size

How do I decrease the font size on my computer?

:)

Ronda Harper, Jul 11, 2018
  2. calebnp Win User

Decrease the font size in XAML apps

I am used to the default font size of UI elements from Windows 7 and the current size in desktop apps in Windows 10. Thus, the fonts in XAML apps is way too big and takes up most of my screen on my smaller laptop screen.

How can I decrease the font size in these apps?

All I can seem to find are ways to change the font size on desktop apps or to increase the font size in XAML apps.

calebnp, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Decreasing font size in Internet Explorer address box (Windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to Internet Explorer?
    I would suggest you to try the steps as below and check.

Step 1:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Font Settings, click
    Restore default font settings and click OK

Step 2:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Change font size

Under Change only text size, select an option from drop-down menu and select the text size, click
    Apply

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 11, 2018
  4. D_876 Win User

Decreasing font size

sticky notes - decreasing font size

How do I decrease/increase the font size on my sticky notes? CTRL+SHIFT+< is not working.

Thank you

D_876, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Decreasing font size

1. Decreasing font size - Similar Threads - Decreasing font size

2. Font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size: How do I change font size of text of desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/a4677778-6a66-45bd-97de-a561389b3515
  3. disk size decreases in a sudden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk size decreases in a sudden: Hello community, greetings, I have a question about my disk size which decreases in a sudden, here is the condition and chronology; Conditions: - my HDD separated into 3 parts: C system, E, F. - I noticed my C size is about 30GB left from 194Gb and has blue bar...
  4. Application to decrease window size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application to decrease window size: This might be a strange question and I'm not sure if this is the right sub. If there's a better one I would appreciate if you could tell me. I have derealization which results in constant tunnel vision. I need to study on my pc but concentrating on my 24" monitor is really...
  5. How to DEcrease (!) font size and line height in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to DEcrease (!) font size and line height in File Explorer?: I would like to decrease (!) the font size, line height and eventually the font family of the font used in File Explorer of Win10. When I search for "Font change file explorer" in google then users are always directed to Settings--->Ease of Access--->Display --->Make text...
  6. font size

font size: my granddaughter changed the font size for everything on my computer! Where do I go to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/a38b713b-4ea3-4243-88fe-33fe6b44c74d
  7. Font size

Font size: Just got a new laptop running windows 10, the font in all the favourites list etc is very small, how can I enlarge it ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/478f6b50-f74f-4314-a717-af4b9135d2ec
  8. Font and Font Size

Font and Font Size: I'm in the process of setting up my new laptop and have font questions. How do I change the font to my personal preference and how do I change the size as well? The current one is much too small. I located changing from 100% to 125%, which is problematic and does not...
  9. Font size

Font size: I have upgraded to Windows 10 and am liking some of the added features but cannot change some of the fonts sizes. I have changed the font size in all areas available in the settings area but still need to change font size in other areas of programs but cannot find where to...
  10. Decrease font size in Notification area Popup

Decrease font size in Notification area Popup: I am writing a program which activates the Windows Notification Popup. However the font size in the popup is too large for the information that i want to 'pop up'. is there a registry hack to reduce the font size of the notification popup? I know there is hack to change tool...