Windows 10: Decrypt encrypted files on another PC. I have the password.

Discus and support Decrypt encrypted files on another PC. I have the password. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a new PC with W10 and donated the old one. In order not to have to copy all the information, I kept the hard drive. But some folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FABERGALLEGO, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Decrypt encrypted files on another PC. I have the password.

I recently bought a new PC with W10 and donated the old one. In order not to have to copy all the information, I kept the hard drive. But some folders that I had encrypted on the old computer, I can't read them. It doesn't even give me the option to uncheck the encryption. I know the password but I can't find how to enter it to decrypt the files. What I can do? Thanks!

Decrypt encrypted files on another PC. I have the password. 6e90599a-38c1-4ffd-a008-c9bbd3f9ed7e?upload=true.png

:)

FABERGALLEGO, Jul 23, 2020

2. Decrypt encrypted files on another PC. I have the password.

I recently bought a new PC with W10 and donated the old one. In order not to have to copy all the information, I kept the hard drive. But some folders that I had encrypted on the old computer, I can't read them. It doesn't even give me the option to uncheck
    the encryption. I know the password but I can't find how to enter it to decrypt the files. What I can do? Thanks!

Decrypt encrypted files on another PC. I have the password. 6e90599a-38c1-4ffd-a008-c9bbd3f9ed7e?upload=true.png

FABERGALLEGO, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Decryption of encrypted files

Hi,

One of our employee deleted and encrypted the files in the F: drive using cipher.exe command. While trying to recover them with a third party software, the deleted files are showing and all of them are encrypted. Can anyone suggest how can i decrypt and
    recover all the deleted data back?

RoyalUnited, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Decrypt encrypted files on another PC. I have the password.

Possible Precedent: Accused Americans Can Be Forced To Decrypt Their Encrypted Data

That's not how encryption works, Steevo.
    There is no "stored" decryption key. The password(s) are input into the algorithms to create keys, hashes and salts, and are run against the encrypted file. Wrong password(s) and decryption fails.

There are, however, shortcuts that allow decryption methods and keys to be assertained in a LOT less time than "brute force".

Kreij, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Decrypt encrypted files on another PC. I have the password.

1. Decrypt encrypted files on another PC. I have the password. - Similar Threads - Decrypt encrypted files

2. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  3. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?: Hello Microsoft professionals,In the past, I encrypted all my drives with BitLocker, and later I decrypted all of them by unlocking making the BitLocker off. However, all my pdf/word files remain encrypted and can't be opened on other PCs operating with Windows 10. I am a...
  4. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?: Hello Microsoft professionals,In the past, I encrypted all my drives with BitLocker, and later I decrypted all of them by unlocking making the BitLocker off. However, all my pdf/word files remain encrypted and can't be opened on other PCs operating with Windows 10. I am a...
  5. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Encryption/Decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption/Decryption: I encrypted some files in Windows 7 using EFS. The computer was formatted to install Windows 10 and those files won't open now. I tried to decrypt them by using the PFX file, cipher command, and setting permissions but they couldn't decrypt the files. They were unable to show...
  7. Encryption/ Decryption

Encryption/ Decryption: I encrypted some files in Windows 7 using EFS. The computer was formatted to install Windows 10 and those files won't open now. I tried to decrypt them by using the PFX file, cipher command, and setting permissions but they couldn't decrypt the files. They were unable to show...
  8. File Encryption and Decryption Problem

File Encryption and Decryption Problem: So recently, i faced issues with my windows laptop, i decided to do a complete backup of all my files and then reset the laptop. My laptop had encrypted most of the files which i only realised after having reset everything. Now, i cant grant ownershipt of the files nor modify...
  9. encryption and decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    encryption and decryption: Hi, I want to encrypt photos for storage. I have many choice of software to do that , but my point or question is: In say 20 years, I will have changed computer , or my computer will be 20 years old, and I may not have updated or upgraded the original software that I...
  10. How Decrypt, Encrypt file?

How Decrypt, Encrypt file?: I saved my Photos in D:Drive. And Encrypt same personal photos by this way{Choose a photo->Right click on it->then properties->Advances option in General->Then choose "Encrypt file to secure data"}. But now I can't open my encrypted photos. And can't Decrypt it. So Please...