Windows 10: Decrypt File and to gain access

Discus and support Decrypt File and to gain access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, recently I upgraded to Windows 10, but I saved a couple of files from Windows 7. It has a yellow lock that signifies that is encrypted. It also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NicholasSahawneh, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Decrypt File and to gain access

Hello, recently I upgraded to Windows 10, but I saved a couple of files from Windows 7. It has a yellow lock that signifies that is encrypted. It also says when I try to open it, "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." I am an admin. I also tried to decrypt through cmd via cipher. It just gave me an error. I'm really not sure what do to right now if anyone can help, thanks!

:)

NicholasSahawneh, Aug 13, 2019

2. How to Decrypt *.cerber3 files?

AFAIK it's still not possible to decrypt your files for free...

In addition to what has been mentioned in the prior posts, you might want to read this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cerber-ransomware-switches-to-cerber3-extension-for-encrypted-files/

And I strongly suggest to read/do:

Jsssssssss, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Help accessing encrypted files (Error: 0x80071771: The specified file could not be decrypted)

Hi DesignerJo0314,

EFS or Encrypting File System on Windows is designed to protect your confidential data from threats or attackers that have access to your computer. Once a file is encrypted, a recovery key or certificate is required to access
    it on a different device. This means that the file can only be accessed on the same machine and same user account it was encrypted to.

Here are the ways on how to access the encrypted file on a different computer or user profile:

1. Decrypt the file before moving it to the new computer. You can encrypt the file to the new user profile once the transfer is complete.
    2. Move the encrypted file to the new computer including the certificate or key.

Apparently, the only way to access the encrypted file on your new computer is to have the certificate or key. If you still have the old laptop, you can try to connect the hard drive to your new computer and decrypt the file.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Devlin Sco, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Composer Win User

Decrypt File and to gain access

File access denied to many files

Since Upgrading to Windows 10, I am now experiencing problems accessing many files?

How can I gain access to ALL my files?

Can this be done in one operation, easily, or is it difficult?

Step by Step instructions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Composer, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Decrypt File and to gain access

1. Decrypt File and to gain access - Similar Threads - Decrypt File gain

2. Decrypt .Nusar files ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Decrypt .Nusar files ?: Hello, I have got infected by Nusar virus, and all my files are crypted now, I removed the virus by Kaspersky, but I couldn't decrypt the files, please help me ! 136298
  3. Error: 0x80071771, The Specified File Could Not Be Decrypted While Accessing A Video File...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: 0x80071771, The Specified File Could Not Be Decrypted While Accessing A Video File...: Hello , So i have this very very old hdd and i am looking for an AMV video i did yeaaars ago. It may be somewhere inside it , but when i try to look at some files i can't cause they are locked. Tried Iobit , tied to unlock them (uncheck the encrypted property) , but i can't...
  4. Cannot decrypt files

Cannot decrypt files: I had encrypted some pictures on windows 8 pro and then transferred it to hard disk without decrypting them. Now problem is that I have updated to windows 10 pro and I can no longer decrypt the images. It says access denied. What do I do now and how can i get back my...
  5. Reset pc/gain access to settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset pc/gain access to settings: I was experiencing issues with the internet connection over different networks so i decided to reset the pc (windows 10) while choosing the option of simply deleting the apps and keeping the files. BIG MISTAKE. Although I kept my files I was left with NO programs at all - not...
  6. Security and Using unathorised files for gaining access

Security and Using unathorised files for gaining access: Hi everybody I don't know much about Security or ways to protect a computer or detecting a harmful file or removing a hidden remote program or anything related but I'm very interested in learning and knowing more about how to recognize, detect and stop a harmful file from...
  7. Problem while decryption of Files

Problem while decryption of Files: Hi there, I decrypted a few of the folders and files while in my last windows. But a few weeks earlier I reinstalled my Windows and now when I tried to decrypt my files I was unable to access them. Some error 80070771 keeps on prompting. Can anyone help me out so I may able...
  8. File in old hard drive locked, cannot gain access

in Windows 10 Support
    File in old hard drive locked, cannot gain access: Hi all! I've searched across the web for help with this and nothing has seemed to work so far. I pulled a hard drive out of my old Windows 7 (I think) PC and I was trying to salvage some old family photos. I found a file with a lock icon on it. It allows me inside, but all...
  9. Command to decrypt an esd file

in Windows 10 Support
    Command to decrypt an esd file: Hi When Windows 10 downloads an esd file with Windows Update, before installing it, Windows must decrypt it. What command used to do this? Thanks Bye 20084
  10. How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?: I already googled it and every tutorial is the same. When I go to do it, it doesn't work. I don't have a Microsoft account. I specified a local account user name. This is what I'm selecting as owner. The computer is not transferring access to the user im selecting. I want...