Windows 10: Decrypt File and to gain access

Discus and support Decrypt File and to gain access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, recently I upgraded to Windows 10, but I saved a couple of files from Windows 7. It has a yellow lock that signifies that is encrypted. It also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NicholasSahawneh, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Decrypt File and to gain access

Hello, recently I upgraded to Windows 10, but I saved a couple of files from Windows 7. It has a yellow lock that signifies that is encrypted. It also says when I try to open it, "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." I am an admin. I also tried to decrypt through cmd via cipher. It just gave me an error. I'm really not sure what do to right now if anyone can help, thanks!

:)

NicholasSahawneh, Aug 13, 2019

2. How to Decrypt *.cerber3 files?

AFAIK it's still not possible to decrypt your files for free...

In addition to what has been mentioned in the prior posts, you might want to read this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cerber-ransomware-switches-to-cerber3-extension-for-encrypted-files/

And I strongly suggest to read/do:

Jsssssssss, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Help accessing encrypted files (Error: 0x80071771: The specified file could not be decrypted)

Hi DesignerJo0314,

EFS or Encrypting File System on Windows is designed to protect your confidential data from threats or attackers that have access to your computer. Once a file is encrypted, a recovery key or certificate is required to access
    it on a different device. This means that the file can only be accessed on the same machine and same user account it was encrypted to.

Here are the ways on how to access the encrypted file on a different computer or user profile:

1. Decrypt the file before moving it to the new computer. You can encrypt the file to the new user profile once the transfer is complete.
    2. Move the encrypted file to the new computer including the certificate or key.

Apparently, the only way to access the encrypted file on your new computer is to have the certificate or key. If you still have the old laptop, you can try to connect the hard drive to your new computer and decrypt the file.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Devlin Sco, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Composer Win User

Decrypt File and to gain access

File access denied to many files

Since Upgrading to Windows 10, I am now experiencing problems accessing many files?

How can I gain access to ALL my files?

Can this be done in one operation, easily, or is it difficult?

Step by Step instructions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Composer, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Decrypt File and to gain access

1. Decrypt File and to gain access - Similar Threads - Decrypt File gain

2. gaining access to a deceased's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaining access to a deceased's account: How do I turn off the automatic lockout for too many wrong guesses?My mother just died on Sunday, and I'm trying to get into her computer so I can cancel her Amazon Prime subscription and any other paid services. I have her password notebook, but I can't find the login...
  3. gaining access to a deceased's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gaining access to a deceased's account: How do I turn off the automatic lockout for too many wrong guesses?My mother just died on Sunday, and I'm trying to get into her computer so I can cancel her Amazon Prime subscription and any other paid services. I have her password notebook, but I can't find the login...
  4. File system decryption - cannot decrypt file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File system decryption - cannot decrypt file: I have Windows 10 reinstalled with disk format.I have exported certificate to .PFX file from old system and imported into new system.In new system user has same name as in old system.I cannot decrypt files from old system.When I runcipher /c mypath\ds.txt I can see '...
  5. File system decryption - cannot decrypt file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File system decryption - cannot decrypt file: I have Windows 10 reinstalled with disk format.I have exported certificate to .PFX file from old system and imported into new system.In new system user has same name as in old system.I cannot decrypt files from old system.When I runcipher /c mypath\ds.txt I can see '...
  6. Failled to gain access to administor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failled to gain access to administor: I can't delete or move any of my file When i try to do any action to the files, it says i need to have administor access and i chose continue, entered password, it usually solve but today i can't, im using administor account but can't access to administor., , , , , ....
  7. How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network: I want to keep a file updated and this file is accessible by multiple users. This file can be on a folder of an internal network. When this file is on my local machine and two instances of my software try to access the file, the first gain access open and lock for...
  8. Help me gain access to my files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me gain access to my files: My laptop came with a 1 tb hard drive with an additional m.2 ssd slot. After using it without ssd for a while, I recently purchased a samsung m.2 ssd. I managed to install windows on it but for some reason the windows installation on my hard drive became corrupt ( i know it...
  9. Error decrypting a file or accessing an encrypted file

Error decrypting a file or accessing an encrypted file: hello, I have a problem with some files on my PC, the files are encrypted with a windows certificate, few days ago I was able to open the file and access them, now I can not access those files. although I have the permission and the certificate is installed [ATTACH]...
  10. Security and Using unathorised files for gaining access

Security and Using unathorised files for gaining access: Hi everybody I don't know much about Security or ways to protect a computer or detecting a harmful file or removing a hidden remote program or anything related but I'm very interested in learning and knowing more about how to recognize, detect and stop a harmful file from...