Windows 10: Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.

Discus and support Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I encrypted a lot of files some time ago. It became necessary for me to reinstall Windows 10. The "user" that encrypted the files disappeared after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChimaeraImaginarium, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.

I encrypted a lot of files some time ago. It became necessary for me to reinstall Windows 10. The "user" that encrypted the files disappeared after the reinstall and, after creating another login, I can't decrypt my files.

I go to the Properties of any of these files & click the "General" tab.

Next I click the "Advanced" tab.

When I deselect the box beside "Encrypt contents to secure data" and then click "OK" and "Apply" I, of course, get an error message saying the file can't be decrypted.

If I click on the "Details" button in the "Advanced Attributes" window I get the following:

User Certificate thumbprint

Richard(Richard@ACME-AUTODESTRUC) 5755 4610 B082 5B2F C43C 01CB B7A7 41AE DCCF 5DB0

How do I recover this user account after having reinstalled Windows 10? If I can sign on as this "user" I should be able to decrypt the files. Or can the "Certificate thumbprint" be used to gain access?

:)

ChimaeraImaginarium, Oct 26, 2018

2. How to Decrypt *.cerber3 files?

AFAIK it's still not possible to decrypt your files for free...

In addition to what has been mentioned in the prior posts, you might want to read this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cerber-ransomware-switches-to-cerber3-extension-for-encrypted-files/

And I strongly suggest to read/do:

Jsssssssss, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2018
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.

1. Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10. - Similar Threads - Decrypting files reinstalling

2. decrypt .mp4/avi files after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    decrypt .mp4/avi files after windows reinstall: Hello I've had my encrypted files on HDD, my win10 was installed on HDD as well. then I bought an SSD and I formatted the C:\ disc windows installed my windows 10 on the SSD https://ibb.co/ZXPYsGZ https://ibb.co/LN7KJ0SI tried ALL methods, I've searched for ALL the solutions,...
  3. decrypt .mp4/avi files after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    decrypt .mp4/avi files after windows reinstall: Hello I've had my encrypted files on HDD, my win10 was installed on HDD as well. then I bought an SSD and I formatted the C:\ disc windows installed my windows 10 on the SSD https://ibb.co/ZXPYsGZ https://ibb.co/LN7KJ0SI tried ALL methods, I've searched for ALL the solutions,...
  4. decrypt .mp4/avi files after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot use decrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use decrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?: i'm using windows 10. after reinstalling new windows, my old file has been encrypted. I cannot open or coppy them. it says that only old account in windows before reinstalling can access these file. What do I have to do to use these files normally?...
  6. Cannot use decrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?

Cannot use decrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?: i'm using windows 10. after reinstalling new windows, my old file has been encrypted. I cannot open or coppy them. it says that only old account in windows before reinstalling can access these file. What do I have to do to use these files normally?...
  7. Cannot use decrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?

8. Decrypt Files After Formatting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypt Files After Formatting Windows: I encrypted files then I formatted my windows 10 without saving the certificate, but I have the password. How can I decrypt these files in the new windows 10 without having the certificate?I have tried many ways to solve this issue but no one worked. Please help me with any...
  9. Decrypt Files After Formatting Windows

Decrypt Files After Formatting Windows: I encrypted files then I formatted my windows 10 without saving the certificate, but I have the password. How can I decrypt these files in the new windows 10 without having the certificate?I have tried many ways to solve this issue but no one worked. Please help me with any...
  10. Cannot decrypt file in Windows10 after reinstalling windows

Cannot decrypt file in Windows10 after reinstalling windows: Hello, I encrypted a few files on my computer that is running Windows10 Home. I had to reinstall windows again, so I backed up these files and copied them to the reinstalled computer. Now, i cannot decrypt them. All the files have a small picture of a yellow lock on them....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reinstall windows decrypt files windows 10 free

2. after new windows can i dycrpet my data ?

3. encrypted file after windows reinstall

4. decypt fi.es after reinstalling windows,
  5. decrypt files after reinstall windows 10,
  6. encrypting file system after windows 10 yupgrade,
  7. decrypt files after windows reinstall,
  8. why are all my files encrypted after reinstalling windows,
  9. encrypt and windows reinstall,
  10. how to recover encrypted files reinstalled win 10