Windows 10: decrypting seems to be stuck

Discus and support decrypting seems to be stuck in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; started decrypting my matsunichi 1tb drive, about 600gb used, it took about 6 hrs to get to 94.5% complete and now its been stuck there for about 20... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bbxriderxx, Oct 29, 2019.

1. decrypting seems to be stuck

started decrypting my matsunichi 1tb drive, about 600gb used, it took about 6 hrs to get to 94.5% complete and now its been stuck there for about 20 hours, I have paused and restarted a few times, any suggestions how long to give this before pulling the plug if thats possible? if it seems to be truly stuck is there a safe way to stop the decrypting process? all the posts and hits I have seen all talk about turning decrypting on and off, but not how to stop the actual decryption process once it has started and is at some percent completion.

thanks

:)

bbxriderxx, Oct 29, 2019

2. How to Decrypt *.cerber3 files?

AFAIK it's still not possible to decrypt your files for free...

In addition to what has been mentioned in the prior posts, you might want to read this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cerber-ransomware-switches-to-cerber3-extension-for-encrypted-files/

And I strongly suggest to read/do:

Jsssssssss, Oct 29, 2019
  3. VIVALDINO Win User
    DECRYPT

NEED STEPS TO DECRYPT FILE

VIVALDINO, Oct 29, 2019
  4. whaddup Win User

decrypting seems to be stuck

Truecrypt-Permanently decrypting external HDD stuck

Hello! I have a 1TB external HDD crypted with TrueCrypt since a couple of months and it's 99% full of important files. I wanted to decrypt it so I used "permanent decrypt", put my password and the progress bar is at 0.029% and the estimating time got from 8 hours to 160 days and counting and then I head a short and high pitched noise from my external hdd and I get an error (the device isn't ready) and after clicking ok I get another error (In the picture) and then stops. This repeats when I always try to resume the decrypting process.
    I'm using a Windows 8 Live CD as my internal hard drive it's almost dead as well, looking to recover some stuff with testdisk..
    Since it's such a small percent, can I restore volume header to make it work again? What do you suggest?

decrypting seems to be stuck [​IMG]

whaddup, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

decrypting seems to be stuck

1. decrypting seems to be stuck - Similar Threads - decrypting seems stuck

2. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker stuck on decrypting: So i dont know why when i go to disk management it shows that my Locak Disk C: was bitlocker encrypted, so i tried decrypting it from manage bitlocker, But now its stuck on decrypting,...
  3. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker stuck on decrypting: So i dont know why when i go to disk management it shows that my Locak Disk C: was bitlocker encrypted, so i tried decrypting it from manage bitlocker, But now its stuck on decrypting,...
  4. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  6. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 days No peogress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-decryption-stuck/843c3bf0-3f66-4f14-9b4d-e7f4c1144a6d
  7. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 days No peogress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-decryption-stuck/843c3bf0-3f66-4f14-9b4d-e7f4c1144a6d
  8. BitLocker Decryption Stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Decryption Stuck: Hi Guys I am been driven crazy here. I turned off BitLocker through the GUI control panel however after a while the computer became unusable. The HDD utilization sits at 100%. I have tried restarting. I have tried disabling TPM in the BIOS as was suggested in another thread....
  9. Bitlocker stuck decrypting

Bitlocker stuck decrypting: i have a 2TB drive almost full, i have started the decrytion and it is stuck at 77% for about a week now. I have tried everything. There is no suspend or pause option in bitlocker manager. I have tried manage bde in CMD and when i try to pause it just sits there for days. i...
  10. Bit Locker Decryption Stuck

Bit Locker Decryption Stuck: BitLocker Decryption Problem: Bit Locker is stuck on decryption at 97.7%. Have tried on several laptops and via different ports. Need assistance to address this. It has been like this for several days now almost a week....