Windows 10: Decryption of Document Files

Discus and support Decryption of Document Files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Somehow my computer encrypted all of my document files. How can I decrypt them? Can they all be done at once or do they need to be done individually? I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Emmett1, May 24, 2020.

1. Emmett1 Win User

Decryption of Document Files

Somehow my computer encrypted all of my document files. How can I decrypt them? Can they all be done at once or do they need to be done individually? I have about 1,000 documents.

:)

Emmett1, May 24, 2020

2. How to Decrypt *.cerber3 files?

AFAIK it's still not possible to decrypt your files for free...

In addition to what has been mentioned in the prior posts, you might want to read this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cerber-ransomware-switches-to-cerber3-extension-for-encrypted-files/

And I strongly suggest to read/do:

Jsssssssss, May 24, 2020
  3. Document folder won't decrypt

I encrypted my documents folder in my windows 10 desktop and when I went to decrypt it... I select all folders and sub folders. Then I get this error: An error occurred applying attributes to the file: C:\users\Giveaway\Documents the specified file could
    not be decrypted. ignore, ignore all, try again, cancel. Nothing works to decrypt folder. I have to decrypt files and sub folders individually but cannot decrypt the main folder. So when i create a new file in documents it is automatically encrypted and I
    have to manually decrypt it.

pyranna2018, May 24, 2020
  4. CSkut Win User

Corrupted Win10 Profile, and Can't Decrypt Files

Hey there, Andre:

Thank you very much for your quick response. I finally got a chance to try troubleshooting per your suggestions. Here's what I came up with.

I apologize if I wasn't clearer in my issue originally. The files themselves were never actually ON the same drive as the OS. THE OS was on drive C. My files were on drive F. However, I had somehow encrypted those files with my profile... and now that
    profile is corrupted.

I tried the suggestions on that you linked, and these are my results:

• Option 1: Change File Ownership to "Personal" in the context menu results in following error:
      • An unexpected error is keeping you from applying properties to the file. IF you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.
      • Error 0x80071771: The specified file could not be decrypted.

• Options 2 and 3: Decrypt Folder or File, (respectively), in Advanced Attributes:
      • Trying to remove encryption by deselecting the "Encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox in the Advanced Attributes window yields the following error:
        • An error occurred applying attributes to the file: F:\EXAMPLEFOLDER\EXAMPLEFILENAME: The specified file could not be decrypted.
    • Options 4 and 5: Decrypting Folders and Files in Command Prompt, respectively:
      • When running cmd prompt in Admin mode, and executing the cipher /d and cipher /d/s: commands, the following error is thrown:
      • F:\EXAMPLEFOLDER\EXAMPLEFILENAME\: the system cannot find the path specified.0 file(s) [or directorie(s) were decrypted.
      • This is problematic, because I can click on the folders and files themselves from the windows GUI.

I still have the corrupted profile on my computer... is there a way to reach into it to extract the cipher?

Thank you so much for your help! (Didn't expect to take a crash-course in Windows security, but there we are, LOL).

Best,

Chris

CSkut, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Decryption of Document Files - Similar Threads - Decryption Document Files

2. Decrypting file is impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypting file is impossible: I have a couple of files that are encrypted by doing right click -> Properties -> Advanced... -> Encrypt contents to secure data. But I can't decrypt them anymore. Everytime I diable that checkbox and apply my changes I get this:When going into "Details" next to the checkbox...
  3. Decrypting file is impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypting file is impossible: I have a couple of files that are encrypted by doing right click -> Properties -> Advanced... -> Encrypt contents to secure data. But I can't decrypt them anymore. Everytime I diable that checkbox and apply my changes I get this:When going into "Details" next to the checkbox...
  4. File system decryption - cannot decrypt file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File system decryption - cannot decrypt file: I have Windows 10 reinstalled with disk format.I have exported certificate to .PFX file from old system and imported into new system.In new system user has same name as in old system.I cannot decrypt files from old system.When I runcipher /c mypath\ds.txt I can see '...
  5. File system decryption - cannot decrypt file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File system decryption - cannot decrypt file: I have Windows 10 reinstalled with disk format.I have exported certificate to .PFX file from old system and imported into new system.In new system user has same name as in old system.I cannot decrypt files from old system.When I runcipher /c mypath\ds.txt I can see '...
  6. File system decryption - cannot decrypt file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't decrypt files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't decrypt files: I have a folder and files in :C and my :G drives that are encrypted with the general tab and as of yesterday I can no longer view my files as it says an error occurred applying attributes to the file the specified file could not be decrypted I never had a problem with this...
  8. Decrypt .Nusar files ?

Decrypt .Nusar files ?: Hello, I have got infected by Nusar virus, and all my files are crypted now, I removed the virus by Kaspersky, but I couldn't decrypt the files, please help me ! 136298
  9. Cannot decrypt files

Cannot decrypt files: I had encrypted some pictures on windows 8 pro and then transferred it to hard disk without decrypting them. Now problem is that I have updated to windows 10 pro and I can no longer decrypt the images. It says access denied. What do I do now and how can i get back my...
  10. Files Decryption after backuping documents from previous Win version.

Files Decryption after backuping documents from previous Win version.: Nowadays I'm on 10 Pro. All of my documents, that I copied from previous Windows to separate hard drive, becamed Encrypted. I'm 1000% sure, that I didn't do it by my hand. But now, I can't use them, read or write - doesnt matter. I didnt have any encryption keys, cause I...