Windows 10: Decryption problem

Discus and support Decryption problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I encrypted some files on my computer, then the computer permanently broke down...luckily I had the encrypted files backed up on a external hard... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shaun359085, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Decryption problem

Hi

I encrypted some files on my computer, then the computer permanently broke down...luckily I had the encrypted files backed up on a external hard drive.

After purchasing a new computer I've tried to decrypt the files on the external hard drive but with no luck. Any advice?

Thanks

Shaun

:)

Shaun359085, Jul 14, 2020

2. How to Decrypt *.cerber3 files?

AFAIK it's still not possible to decrypt your files for free...

In addition to what has been mentioned in the prior posts, you might want to read this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cerber-ransomware-switches-to-cerber3-extension-for-encrypted-files/

And I strongly suggest to read/do:

Jsssssssss, Jul 14, 2020
  3. VIVALDINO Win User
    DECRYPT

NEED STEPS TO DECRYPT FILE

VIVALDINO, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Decryption problem

Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Decryption problem

1. Decryption problem - Similar Threads - Decryption problem

2. my bitlocker decryption process is on going forever and i cant use my files on drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my bitlocker decryption process is on going forever and i cant use my files on drive: my secondary drive on windows 11 was encrypted by bit locker i started decryption process about a month ago 1 it not letting to turn off my laptop or restart 2 there is no progress bar3 i cant use files on my SSD drive the ongoing decrypted drive4after 3 days i used force...
  3. my bitlocker decryption process is on going forever and i cant use my files on drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my bitlocker decryption process is on going forever and i cant use my files on drive: my secondary drive on windows 11 was encrypted by bit locker i started decryption process about a month ago 1 it not letting to turn off my laptop or restart 2 there is no progress bar3 i cant use files on my SSD drive the ongoing decrypted drive4after 3 days i used force...
  4. BitLocker decryption problem at boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker decryption problem at boot time: My laptop booted with probably incomplete BitLocker encryption, after it was recently initiated from our company's central policy enforcement through JumpCloud. Now the key I see in my Microsoft account which is the same as my system admin sees on Azure doesn't work. Even the...
  5. BitLocker decryption problem at boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker decryption problem at boot time: My laptop booted with probably incomplete BitLocker encryption, after it was recently initiated from our company's central policy enforcement through JumpCloud. Now the key I see in my Microsoft account which is the same as my system admin sees on Azure doesn't work. Even the...
  6. File Encryption and Decryption Problem With Certificate Private Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Encryption and Decryption Problem With Certificate Private Key: Hi, so recently i had to do a backup and reset for my laptop and it is just after the reset that i realised that some of my files were encrypted. I had by luck been able to backup the certificates but cannot get access to the files still. It says that the private key is...
  7. File Encryption and Decryption Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Encryption and Decryption Problem: So recently, i faced issues with my windows laptop, i decided to do a complete backup of all my files and then reset the laptop. My laptop had encrypted most of the files which i only realised after having reset everything. Now, i cant grant ownershipt of the files nor modify...
  8. Problem decrypting files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem decrypting files: I have encrypted a folder containing many subfolders and files. Then I had to remove and reinstall windows on my device for some reason. Now I can't have access to the previously encrypted folders. Even though I am logged in to windows using the same Microsoft account and...
  9. pci encryption/decryption controller problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pci encryption/decryption controller problem: I got a problem with the pci encryption/decryption controller of my acer one 14 Z1401-C9JN, when I look at it says some error, to cut the long story short, it says error 28, I tried to ask the virtual assisstant on windows and it says that if I cant update its driver try to...
  10. Problem while decryption of Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem while decryption of Files: Hi there, I decrypted a few of the folders and files while in my last windows. But a few weeks earlier I reinstalled my Windows and now when I tried to decrypt my files I was unable to access them. Some error 80070771 keeps on prompting. Can anyone help me out so I may able...