Windows 10: Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows

Discus and support Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A couple of days ago, I got a SMART hard disk error while my laptop booted. Yesterday, a repair man came down to my house to replace my HDD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by crackerboi, Sep 7, 2018.

1. crackerboi Win User

Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows

A couple of days ago, I got a SMART hard disk error while my laptop booted. Yesterday, a repair man came down to my house to replace my HDD and installed Windows 10 Home using his own recovery media.

Today I booted up my laptop and downloaded most of the drivers without incident. However, for 'Display adapters', Windows is using Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 instead of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 which was preinstalled on my laptop's motherboard, and which i was using before my laptop faced the SMART hard disk error. Instead, all I am shown is 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' with the yellow triangle warning icon. (See Screenshot (1).png)

Under device status, I have the following status:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i attempt to update the driver, I get the message shown in Screenshot (2).png, which says that Windows found driver software for my device but encountered an error while trying to install it.

Could this be an issue with the Windows 10 recovery media that the repair guy used? Could I try and solve this problem by going into BIOS settings?

Any suggestions and assistance would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

crackerboi, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

About GPU dedicating.

Hello
    웅황,

The feature that you're looking for in Windows 10 is not available. I suggest that you check with your graphics manufacturer if forcing an app/game to use a dedicated GPU to each task is available with their software.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Sep 7, 2018
  3. 제웅황 Win User
    About GPU dedicating.

image is just e.g.

sorry for my poor writing

Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows 2f0b8186-9d48-438d-b8af-e6e7bdb31842?upload=true.png

Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows baf8d510-04fb-4c89-bbd3-92ba9047ad9e?upload=true.png

I have two PCI-E GPU

GPU 0 = GTX 1080ti

GPU 1 = GTX 960

what I want is..

use graphics specifications option on "DESKTOP"

not integrated GPU or mobile windows10(notebook)

but desktop and PIC-E GPU

on my search, there's no way to use graphics specifications option in desktop

but, what I found is, split the the main monitor and running specific apps and

split again, that apps still working, have bit of problems though

e.g. GPU 1 main monitor , run Chrome

GPU 0 split main monitor, run GAME(PUBG)

then you can see on task manager on GPU engine.

running at

GPU 1 - chrome

GPU 0 - PUBG

that's what I want it.

dedicating GPU processing in DESKTOP

sorry for my poor writing skills..

PLEASE help me this probs. thankyou.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

제웅황, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Aria_Derek Win User

Big Update = Disaster ( update, enable and using dead dedicated GPU )

Yes and yes.

Very good.

Nope, it's not working.

Reset and remove everything - All drives - Clean the drive. Not working Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows :(

I think I already hit the mark by pointing the problem on Nvidia GPU Chip. Because after clean install I'm download and run benchmark program to test the Nvidia GPU. It's showing black screen and movable mouse pointer. Once again I disable Nvdia GPU and
    run benchmark program with Integrated GPU (HD4000) and it's working.

Aria_Derek, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows - Similar Threads - Dedicated GPU recognized

2. Windows computer doesn’t recognize the second GPU

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer doesn’t recognize the second GPU: [ATTACH] Many Windows users, especially gamers use a second high-end GPU for their systems over and above the dedicated graphics card. The system is set such that the dedicated high-end graphics card is set to default. However, at times, it happens [...] This post Windows...
  3. Windows 10 - Software is not using dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Software is not using dedicated GPU: Hi all, My laptop running windows 10, with an integrated GPU Intel and dedicated GPU Nvidia. Recently, some softwares, especially video converters don't use the dedicated GPU for accelerating conversions, which is used to work well. I've tried many possible ways (such as:...
  4. How to make dedicated GPU card to be preferred instead of Integrated?

How to make dedicated GPU card to be preferred instead of Integrated?: Currently, I have to manually add every single performance-sensitive app (eg. Games) to the Grapics options and select "High performance".. If I don't add the app at all or add it but keep the "System default" option then the integrated graphic card is used. I wasn't able...
  5. How to use dedicated GPU for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use dedicated GPU for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Hello, I have an issue with the game. It always uses the integrated GPU which is a Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of my dedicated GPU which is a GTX 1050. How can i set my dedicated GPU as default whenever i launch Minecraft ?...
  6. NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE: First of all, back in 11th month of 2017, after updating NVDIA drivers through Geforce Experience and receiving an update from Windows Update, I was stuck at the blue screen of death (the error was nvlddmkm.sys, after a quick googling I found out that it was dual my NVIDIA...
  7. Dedicated PC connected label printers

Dedicated PC connected label printers: Anyone got any experience of these? The good, bad, ugly. USB connected or WiFi or whatever. A small business I know of is considering one to improve the appearance of their packaging. Just seeking some views, experiences. 113974
  8. Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query: Hi, I recently started playing a bit of online poker (Governor of poker 3) via firefox quantum browser and I notice it makes my laptop fan whir up a lot which I thought was strange as I have a fairly high spec machine and the game seems fairly basic. I have an i7 quad core...
  9. Brand new laptop - GTX 970m gpu not recognized anywhere

Brand new laptop - GTX 970m gpu not recognized anywhere: Hi guys, Just got a new laptop today. Alienware 17 r3. Booted it up, seemed to be working alright. Was updating everything as recommended by windows and updated nvidia driver through the nvidia control panel and then the gpu stopped working. Everything got messed up, my...
  10. The mysterious GPU???

The mysterious GPU???: Ok, so on my 'about computer' page it states that my processor is AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.00GHzbut on my 'Directx diagnostic tool' it says that my Display card is Microsoft basic display adapter. Why didn't it use the AMD Radeon R5 graphic card??? Is...