Windows 10: Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows

Discus and support Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A couple of days ago, I got a SMART hard disk error while my laptop booted. Yesterday, a repair man came down to my house to replace my HDD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by crackerboi, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows

A couple of days ago, I got a SMART hard disk error while my laptop booted. Yesterday, a repair man came down to my house to replace my HDD and installed Windows 10 Home using his own recovery media.

Today I booted up my laptop and downloaded most of the drivers without incident. However, for 'Display adapters', Windows is using Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 instead of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 which was preinstalled on my laptop's motherboard, and which i was using before my laptop faced the SMART hard disk error. Instead, all I am shown is 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' with the yellow triangle warning icon. (See Screenshot (1).png)

Under device status, I have the following status:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i attempt to update the driver, I get the message shown in Screenshot (2).png, which says that Windows found driver software for my device but encountered an error while trying to install it.

Could this be an issue with the Windows 10 recovery media that the repair guy used? Could I try and solve this problem by going into BIOS settings?

Any suggestions and assistance would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

crackerboi, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

About GPU dedicating.

Hello
    웅황,

The feature that you're looking for in Windows 10 is not available. I suggest that you check with your graphics manufacturer if forcing an app/game to use a dedicated GPU to each task is available with their software.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Sep 7, 2018
  3. 제웅황 Win User
    About GPU dedicating.

image is just e.g.

sorry for my poor writing

Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows 2f0b8186-9d48-438d-b8af-e6e7bdb31842?upload=true.png

Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows baf8d510-04fb-4c89-bbd3-92ba9047ad9e?upload=true.png

I have two PCI-E GPU

GPU 0 = GTX 1080ti

GPU 1 = GTX 960

what I want is..

use graphics specifications option on "DESKTOP"

not integrated GPU or mobile windows10(notebook)

but desktop and PIC-E GPU

on my search, there's no way to use graphics specifications option in desktop

but, what I found is, split the the main monitor and running specific apps and

split again, that apps still working, have bit of problems though

e.g. GPU 1 main monitor , run Chrome

GPU 0 split main monitor, run GAME(PUBG)

then you can see on task manager on GPU engine.

running at

GPU 1 - chrome

GPU 0 - PUBG

that's what I want it.

dedicating GPU processing in DESKTOP

sorry for my poor writing skills..

PLEASE help me this probs. thankyou.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

제웅황, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows

Big Update = Disaster ( update, enable and using dead dedicated GPU )

Yes and yes.

Very good.

Nope, it's not working.

Reset and remove everything - All drives - Clean the drive. Not working Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows :(

I think I already hit the mark by pointing the problem on Nvidia GPU Chip. Because after clean install I'm download and run benchmark program to test the Nvidia GPU. It's showing black screen and movable mouse pointer. Once again I disable Nvdia GPU and
    run benchmark program with Integrated GPU (HD4000) and it's working.

Aria_Derek, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows

1. Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows - Similar Threads - Dedicated GPU recognized

2. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  3. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  4. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  5. Dedicated GPU completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated GPU completely gone: For a while I've been getting bluescreens with the code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nlvddmkm.sys sometimes it let me use window for few minutes, sometimes not at all, in a desperate attempt to fix it I reinstalled nvidia gpu from safe mode. After restarting my laptop i checked the...
  6. Dedicated GPU completely gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dedicated GPU completely gone: For a while I've been getting bluescreens with the code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nlvddmkm.sys sometimes it let me use window for few minutes, sometimes not at all, in a desperate attempt to fix it I reinstalled nvidia gpu from safe mode. After restarting my laptop i checked the...
  7. Dedicated GPU completely gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Dedicated GPU completely gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated GPU completely gone: For a while ive been getting bluescreens with the code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nlvddmkm.sys whenever i tried to play a game sometimes it let me play for few minutes, sometimes not at all, in a desperate attempt to fix it i ran the /scannow command in command prompt which seemed to...
  9. Minecraft on dedicated GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minecraft on dedicated GPU?: Hello everyone. I recently installed TLauncher - cracked Minecraft (Java edition). But I want to play it on dedicated gpu. I tried so many things but nothing changed. Mine integrated gpu is "overclocked" to 200mhz so the performance for gaming is shitty. I want to play it on...
  10. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu not recognized

2. windows unrecognize gpu

3. windows will not recognize dedicated video card

4. windows will not recognize gpu,
  5. lenovo ideapad130 display not recognized