Windows 10: Dedicating a single adapter to a single network when using multiple WiFi adapters

Discus and support Dedicating a single adapter to a single network when using multiple WiFi adapters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a SP6 and use a separate USB WiFi adapter to connect to an automotive scan tool. I would like to dedicate the second adapter to only be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by billysauto, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Dedicating a single adapter to a single network when using multiple WiFi adapters

I have a SP6 and use a separate USB WiFi adapter to connect to an automotive scan tool. I would like to dedicate the second adapter to only be able to connect to the tools WiFi network, while allowing the built in WiFi adapter to roam to whatever network i may be near. In the past I accomplished this by selecting the second adapter and only asking it to connect to the tools WiFi network. It seems that in a recent update of windows they have changed something that allows all adapters on the device to connect to any network the device has saved. this is somewhat of a problem because it does not like to connect to the tool because there is no internet available obviously. It also tends to not reconnect the internal adapter to the building WiFi when i return from driving because the internal adapter connects to the tool also, because the networks are shared across the adapters. Any help to get me back to where I used to be great. Thanks in advance.

:)

billysauto, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Choklates Win User

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem.
    It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no beeping in light where my Pc's Ethernet connection is.*Confused*Confused*Confused*Mad

Dedicating a single adapter to a single network when using multiple WiFi adapters [​IMG]

Plz guys what to do, fyi last one is working right now-

Choklates, Oct 22, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network

Hi there

for 5GHZ band adapter has to support ac protocol.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 22, 2019
  4. s0rcerer Win User

Dedicating a single adapter to a single network when using multiple WiFi adapters

How to disable network adapter use for a single user

Hi all!!!

I had a system with 4 users (2 admins, 2 users) and 2 network adapters (1 wired adapter and 1 wifi adapter).

What I want to do is to disable 1 network adapter for each 2 users.
    A better explanation:
    - Users 1 and 2 should only have access to the wired adapter (Them are admins)
    - Users 3 and 4 should only have access to the wifi adapter (Them are users)

I also want that users of both groups can be logged at the same time without gaining access to the other adapter.

Thanks for the help.

s0rcerer, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Dedicating a single adapter to a single network when using multiple WiFi adapters

1. Dedicating a single adapter to a single network when using multiple WiFi adapters - Similar Threads - Dedicating single adapter

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple network adapters & No wifi: Hello,My PC suddenly kicked me off the wifi network. Restarted my router and reset it and nothing happened. Troubleshooted, nothing happened. Found that I have multiple network adapters. Uninstalled them all and reinstalled them. Restarted computer—nothing happened. Can’t...
  5. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple network adapters & No wifi: Hello,My PC suddenly kicked me off the wifi network. Restarted my router and reset it and nothing happened. Troubleshooted, nothing happened. Found that I have multiple network adapters. Uninstalled them all and reinstalled them. Restarted computer—nothing happened. Can’t...
  6. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WiFi is off & no single WiFi Network is shown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi is off & no single WiFi Network is shown: Windows 10 version 1909 was forcibly installed today in the morning in my Dell Inspiron 7737. After installation & updates the laptop works without any problem. At night the WiFi is off & no single WiFi network was shown. I try troubleshooting, updating & uninstalling the...
  8. multiple wifi adapters - auto-connect network SSID per adapter?

multiple wifi adapters - auto-connect network SSID per adapter?: OK... I have two WiFi adapters.. one internal and one USB. Is it possible to have settings for each adapter to only auto-connect to a specific SSID per adapter? i.e. My main adapter I want SSID HOME and HOME2 to auto-connect only. My USB adapter I want SSID...
  9. Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings: Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem. It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no...
  10. How to disable network adapter use for a single user

How to disable network adapter use for a single user: Hi all!!! I had a system with 4 users (2 admins, 2 users) and 2 network adapters (1 wired adapter and 1 wifi adapter). What I want to do is to disable 1 network adapter for each 2 users. A better explanation: - Users 1 and 2 should only have access to the wired...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. selecting a specific network adapter in aster