Windows 10: Deep Sleep

Discus and support Deep Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer: HP 1040 G3 OS: Windows 10 2004 I noticed in my BIOS settings, under Power Management, I have the option for "Deep Sleep" ticked by default.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by saboc, Jul 30, 2020.

1. saboc Win User

Deep Sleep

Computer: HP 1040 G3

I noticed in my BIOS settings, under Power Management, I have the option for "Deep Sleep" ticked by default. What exactly is "Deep Sleep?"

Thanks!

:)

saboc, Jul 30, 2020

2. Deep sleep problems in windows 10 update 1709

Windows 10 on HP desktop, after 1709 windows security update, goes into deep sleep mode, usually within the 1st 5 minutes, during gaming applications and can only be revived by a hard reset. Doesn't matter what game is loaded from the hard drive. Sleep
    mode does not activate running windows 10 normally, nor does it happen during other applications like on line access.

System is 2.8 GHz Athlon, 64 bit with 4 gigs ram. AVG Internet security professional installed. Virus scans are negative.

Have tried system settings option for sleep etc to no avail. Seems to be a growing issue when researched.

Any suggestions?

Thank You,

Brian

BrianSchofield1, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Deep Sleep

Deep sleep problems in windows 10 update 1709

Hello Andre;

This work around did not resolve the issue either nor change any characteristics of the problem. The computer still goes into deep sleep after about 12 to 15 minutes into a game requiring a hard reset each time. And this sometimes results in a corrupted
    saved game file as well,.

To quickly recap. I can have my desktop computer on 24 hours a day, go online for work or play, Skype for hours, run applications like Office, Windows media player etc with no problems. Soon as I run a virus free computer game from my hard drive, such
    as HOG's, Fallout4 , Outlast, Ages of Empire etc, it goes into deep sleep.

So I removed my Gforce GT430 video card, reinstalled it and re-installed all updated drivers for it, and still no change.

I am thinking of uninstalling the latest windows update 1709. Also I don't no why the computer goes into sleep mode even when all settings say "never" sleep, never hibernate hibernate, never shutdown etc. There is something else overriding this.

Thank you for all your suggestions so far. i don't want to give up on this.

Brian

BrianSchofield1, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Deep Sleep

1. Deep Sleep - Similar Threads - Deep Sleep

2. How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...: I want it to wake up immediately upon opening it and not have to press the power button and wait for it to boot up (restores the session, but still). Sometimes it just wakes up, other times, when more time has past I need to press the power button for it to turn on. Why is...
  3. computer in a really deep sleep - cannot wakeup easily

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer in a really deep sleep - cannot wakeup easily: When I leave browser windows open or programs open and come back later, like next day, the computer seems frozen or really asleep and I cannot get anything going for a long time. I have the sleep settings on 'never'....
  4. Windows 10 pro 1903 - deep sleep monitor wake problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro 1903 - deep sleep monitor wake problem: Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....
  5. WHAT ARE THE REAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN NORMAL SLEEP MODE AND DEEP SLEEP MODE IN WINDOWS...

WHAT ARE THE REAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN NORMAL SLEEP MODE AND DEEP SLEEP MODE IN WINDOWS...: Can anyone explain the real differences between normal sleep mode and deep sleep mode . Till now in power options only normal sleep mode options are available . answers from own experienced Windows users are welcome...
  6. Brother DCP 1610W nOT RESPONDING TO PRINT REQUEST. IT INDICATES DEEP SLEEP?

Brother DCP 1610W nOT RESPONDING TO PRINT REQUEST. IT INDICATES DEEP SLEEP?: Brother DCP 1610W Prints out test page but indicates DEEP SLEEP and does not respond to computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-dcp-1610w-not-responding-to-print-request/3ca1c0de-ab59-4b8c-9543-885da52995e4
  7. Deep sleep mode Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deep sleep mode Ethernet port: I bought a new motherboard, because i thought that a ethernet port on the old one died... And now with my NEW motherboard i get the same error when i want to install an Ethernet driver... Can somebody please help me!...
  8. Brother MFC-L2705DW has Stack Copies 01 Deep Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother MFC-L2705DW has Stack Copies 01 Deep Sleep: The printer was set up as wireless and was working perfectly yesterday, but today, it refused to print in wireless mode. However, when I set it up as USB, it works fine. What I've tried: 1. Updated firmware 2. Reset Printer 3. Reset Network 4. Unplugged printer and...
  9. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?: How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity? I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't respond to any of keys except for the power button. That leads me to thinking it's been shut down, crashed, or is in a deep sleep....
  10. Tablet PC display off timeout -> display deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet PC display off timeout -> display deep sleep?: I have a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S and there is a very annoying problem to do with the display where after it times out, the display will not immediately wake up. Windows isn't in a sleep state as my music still plays in the background while the display is off. I have also...