Windows 10: Default app change back to Microsoft Word

Discus and support Default app change back to Microsoft Word in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently updated my Windows 10 system, as my computer told me to, but now I have lost my wonderful Microsoft Word to a new format that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by benastutchbury, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Default app change back to Microsoft Word

Hello,

I have recently updated my Windows 10 system, as my computer told me to, but now I have lost my wonderful Microsoft Word to a new format that is called Word Pad. How can I go back to Word? I have gone to Settings - Apps - Default Apps, but there is no provision for this particular app. Thanks.

:)

benastutchbury, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Steven Win User

Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Default app change back to Microsoft Word

Cannot change the default apps by using control panel

Original Title: Cannot change default apps.

As said, I cannot change the default apps by using control panel > ... > Default Apps tab.

I cannot change any of the default programs. I use paint.net to edit/view photos and I cannot set it to the default program even though it is on the list, it does not change and i'm stuck with the default photo viewer. This happens with any other app actually,
    I cannot change the default music player there, nor browser or anything.

I followed these steps as suggest by a microsoft engineer, post 2, and later on, no avail.

Can't change default apps in Windows 10

I refuse to use work arounds, I'd like a proper solution is possible, thank you.

RodrigoDrt, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Default app change back to Microsoft Word

1. Default app change back to Microsoft Word - Similar Threads - Default app change

2. Microsoft Word is no longer my default app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word is no longer my default app: Hi Since running a windows update my word documents are opening in a word pad format - it says word is not my default programme and I am unable to change it. Please can you help to fix this. Thanks...
  3. Change the default login for Microsoft Store apps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Change the default login for Microsoft Store apps?: Hello all. I'm having difficulties with my login credentials for apps from the Microsoft Store. When I first got this PC, I set up my Gmail account as the Administrator account. However my Xbox profile is set up with my Hotmail account. So when I open up apps from the app...
  4. How to change the style in word default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the style in word default?: How do I change the style default in word ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-style-in-word-default/fd60c392-c52d-423a-9bc4-c84e66d58bec
  5. Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI

Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI: I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui. ***Original title: Twinui not allow to change default apps.***...
  6. Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults: For some reason only known to myself, I've messed around with Word settings and now I need to set it back to default (as it comes from Microsoft). Any help out there? *Redface 146971
  7. Changed default app mode to dark. When I went back to settings to change it back, the...

Changed default app mode to dark. When I went back to settings to change it back, the...: I changed my default app mode to dark under (Personalization -> colors). I realized I didn't like it (since it didn't contrast properly with Google). When I went back to the setting to change it back, the option to switch between light and dark was completely gone...
  8. Change default font in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default font in Word: How can I change my default font and size when I create a Word doc? Thank you! Darlene J. Brent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-in-word/784c957a-2031-42bd-a6f6-a0b1fb2a2837"
  9. Photos App Source Keeps Changing Back to Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Source Keeps Changing Back to Default: My default sources keep changing from the sources that I choose. Also, the photos app keeps recreating the pictures library in the C:\Users\UserHere directory even though I changed it over to another drive. I've also already tried uninstalling the photos app via Windows...
  10. Change default font in Word/Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default font in Word/Notepad: Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad? I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on. I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a...