Windows 10: Default App for Downloading torrent files

Discus and support Default App for Downloading torrent files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I set uTorrent as the default app for downloading torrent magnet files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by George Richman, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Default App for Downloading torrent files

How do I set uTorrent as the default app for downloading torrent magnet files?

:)

George Richman, Dec 11, 2019

2. wp torrent apps reinstall failed

Hi maerta,

Thanks for the reply.

I did already the soft reset. Then from the apps store i cancelled the pending download for wp torrent apps. If this what you mean for removing from the download list? But never tried yet to download the other torrent apps.

what are the other torrent apps? This is the just the same as wp torrent?

renan21121, Dec 11, 2019
  3. laszlo Win User
    How to change default torrent client on a whim?

the program must have somewhere options-settings where you can disable the default usage of torrent files

also when you open a torrent file you can select which program you want to handle it (right click on downloaded torrent file... open with... u select the desired client(if not there browse program file and point it)

laszlo, Dec 11, 2019
  4. jagman Win User

Default App for Downloading torrent files

Downloading a torrent file, SAVING it is not possible in Win10

I use torrents for legal things I don't like when downloading the torrent for it to open only apps but prefer Win 10 would SAVE the file until I can check it out. Win 7 had this ability; BUT WIN 10 SEEMS not to have that capability.

After cleaning out ALL OF TORRENT apps from my SYSTEM, when a torrent link is clicked, it still brings up the window for me to choose: an APP and WILL NOT SAVE FILE like Win 7 gave us a choice.

BUT in window 10 the only way I can see to disassociate it is with:"control panel/default programs/set association"
    Under "extensions" there is ".torrent" and current default is some app never heard of.

But when you go to: CHANGE PROGRAM, it is all OTHER APPS TO CHOOSE FROM.
    NO place to delete the field, etc. No FILE EXPLORER to SAVE THE FILE

ANYONE??

jagman, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Default App for Downloading torrent files

1. Default App for Downloading torrent files - Similar Threads - Default App Downloading

2. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  3. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  4. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Torrent files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Torrent files: Can you send me Info on how to use torrent files to download files and install them safely thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/torrent-files/09e04758-9fdb-4c32-8aaf-9e16c23d62be
  6. Virus detected after downloading any torrent file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus detected after downloading any torrent file: Anyone knows why this is happening? Everytime I torrent a file, like adobe platforms, the windows defender detects a virus. This does not happen when i download videos instead. I've tried switching over from uTorrent to qbittorrent but nothing seems to change. submitted by...
  7. Torrent file to download windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Torrent file to download windows 10: Hi, I have a very slow internet connection with many perturbations and it's very difficult to download an official windows 10 by a direct link. Can I have a torrent file to download it? thanks...
  8. Torrent (legal) download question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Torrent (legal) download question: Hi folks I'm a legal subscriber to Netflix, Amazon and SKY I'm trying to save Deutschland 86 Series 2 (excellent series BTW ) on my computer to watch later. No probs downloading but why with so many seeders and I have a 10Gb/s connection can't I get faster download. Can't see...
  9. Downloading a torrent file, SAVING it is not possible in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading a torrent file, SAVING it is not possible in Win10: I use torrents for legal things I don't like when downloading the torrent for it to open only apps but prefer Win 10 would SAVE the file until I can check it out. Win 7 had this ability; BUT WIN 10 SEEMS not to have that capability. After cleaning out ALL OF TORRENT apps...
  10. BSOD when files are downloaded in torrent client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when files are downloaded in torrent client: Hi guys, I have Dell Precision M4800. Before having Windows 10 Pro x64 installed I had Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 and all that time I didn't have any BSODs. However, since I use Windows 10 Pro x64 I periodically have BSOD. Below is the error in...