Windows 10: default app for jpegs keeps changing

Discus and support default app for jpegs keeps changing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I prefer Windows Photo Viewer to view jpeg images. For some reason, on occasion, this app will not open, and worst, it is not listed in when I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nantucketbob, Nov 6, 2018.

1. default app for jpegs keeps changing

I prefer Windows Photo Viewer to view jpeg images. For some reason, on occasion, this app will not open, and worst, it is not listed in when I use "open with." Opening an image from it's folder brings up another app I use, FastStone. I went to settings and changed the default app, but it will not take effect. What's up? Thanks.

:)

Nantucketbob, Nov 6, 2018

2. The default program set for opening jpeg files is TWINUI

Hi,

Default settings may be changed to resolve this issue. To change the default app when opening JPEG files, follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Default apps in the left pane.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type link.
    • Locate JPEG File, click the Default app and select
      Photos.

default app for jpegs keeps changing c8119f10-3120-4ffe-b02f-1886dc5e48d1.png

Let us know if it works.

Martin Bar, Nov 6, 2018
  3. How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

Hello,

Instead of upgrading your Photoshop software, we recommend that you change the default app to Photoshop by following the steps provided in the article below.

Change default programs in Windows 10

You may also do the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps, then click Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type at the bottom part.
    • Look for .jpeg, then click Photos. An option for other apps will appear.
    • Select Photoshop.

Get back to us should you need further assistance.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 6, 2018
  4. default app for jpegs keeps changing

How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

If that's the case, kindly try these steps and see if this resolves the issue:

• Open File Explorer, then right-click on a JPEG file.
    • Select Properties, then click Change beside
      Opens with.
    • Select Photoshop. If Photoshop is not on the list, select
      Look for another app on this PC
    • From the list, select Photoshop.

If the Photoshop app is missing, we highly suggest that you update the app or uninstall; then reinstall the Photoshop app through Windows Store.

Get back to us should you need further help.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

default app for jpegs keeps changing

1. default app for jpegs keeps changing - Similar Threads - default app jpegs

2. Windows 11 keeps changing default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps changing default apps: This is driving me insane! And yes, I know how I'm supposed to be able to change these, and I do, but Win11 continues to hijack them back.It happens most often with PDFs changing from Adobe back to Edge. Often within minutes of having changed the default settings to Adobe. I...
  3. Windows 11 keeps changing default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps changing default apps: This is driving me insane! And yes, I know how I'm supposed to be able to change these, and I do, but Win11 continues to hijack them back.It happens most often with PDFs changing from Adobe back to Edge. Often within minutes of having changed the default settings to Adobe. I...
  4. Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons: Hello guys, just want to ask if someone out there has experience with windows apps like calculator, camera and other stuff's icon turns into jpeg icon. I just noticed this today and I'm annoyed about it, below is my screenshot of it...
  5. Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons

Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons: Hello guys, just want to ask if someone out there has experience with windows apps like calculator, camera and other stuff's icon turns into jpeg icon. I just noticed this today and I'm annoyed about it, below is my screenshot of it...
  6. Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Default Photoshop App for jpeg

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Photoshop App for jpeg: I wish to set Adobe Photoshop 2019 as my default for jpegs. Can do this for Tiffs and PSDs but not jpegs. Om Settomgs under set defaults by app Adobe Photoshop 2019 is not there but I have it on my computer and it works ok. Also in choose default applications by file...
  8. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed: I complained about this a while ago and followed the suggestion of another ListMember. Well, like the Borg, Windows has adapted. I prefer Adobe for my pdf reader, but as many times as I change the default to Adobe, Windows keeps changing it back to Edge (lousy pdf...
  9. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed: I prefer Adobe Reader for pdf files, but no matter how many times I set the default app to Adobe, it keeps getting changed back to MS Edge. How do I put a stake in this vampire !! ?? Thanks, Richard S. 98032
  10. Photos App Source Keeps Changing Back to Default

Photos App Source Keeps Changing Back to Default: My default sources keep changing from the sources that I choose. Also, the photos app keeps recreating the pictures library in the C:\Users\UserHere directory even though I changed it over to another drive. I've also already tried uninstalling the photos app via Windows...