Windows 10: default app for mht files issues

Discus and support default app for mht files issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows isn't letting me change the default app associated with mht and mhtml files to anything but the old Internet Explorer, and Internet Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeadlineHeather, Dec 17, 2018.

1. default app for mht files issues

Windows isn't letting me change the default app associated with mht and mhtml files to anything but the old Internet Explorer, and Internet Explorer throws an error page indicating it's unable to open the files. Basically, I cannot open mass marketing emails in a browser. How do I fix the issue?

:)

HeadlineHeather, Dec 17, 2018

2. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Dec 17, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    blank icon for .mht files

What actually happens if you double click on an mht file? Which program is launched?

And is it actually associated with Firefox? (See below).

default app for mht files issues [​IMG]

- the control panel, default programs should do what you need

OR Settings:

or you could set the default via rt click on an mht, then click Open With and set the default that way.

Assuming the default for mht is Firefox, the question would be why the icon isn't correct.

Note this:

- but there are still file types I can associate with it manually... Hmm.

dalchina, Dec 17, 2018
  4. default app for mht files issues

Issue with default apps

Hi Benjamin,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10 and sorry for the delay in response.

Try the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open Start menu, type change default app for each file type in search bar and open it.
    • Here you can match the Name and App which you want to use and try to click on App which you want and make it as default.
    Step 2:

• Open the File location (file which you want to make the Music bee as default player).
    • Right click on any music file (Any music file type mp3/any other format which you wish) and select
      open with from the list and click on Choose default program.
    • Select the Music bee app and make it as default player.

If you still face the same issue, the file type which you are trying to set Music bee as default player may not have supporting format. You may check with the Music bee app publisher website to check for the supported file formats.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

default app for mht files issues

1. default app for mht files issues - Similar Threads - default app mht

2. How to print a mht file to pdf using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to print a mht file to pdf using powershell: Hi,I am trying to convert bulk mht files to pdf. I cant use third party tools/applications to do so.Hence decided to go with powershell scripting wherein I want to open the mht files and print it to pdf.Works almost fine but do not capture the images in MHT.Any help would be...
  3. How to print a mht file to pdf using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to print a mht file to pdf using powershell: Hi,I am trying to convert bulk mht files to pdf. I cant use third party tools/applications to do so.Hence decided to go with powershell scripting wherein I want to open the mht files and print it to pdf.Works almost fine but do not capture the images in MHT.Any help would be...
  4. Default app issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default app issue: I accidentally clicked "Always allow www.roblox.com to open links of this type in the associated app", how do I undo it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-issue/f918ff42-1711-40c3-9ee8-5aa1f86c1dc4
  5. Default app issue

Default app issue: I accidentally clicked "Always allow www.roblox.com to open links of this type in the associated app", how do I undo it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-issue/f918ff42-1711-40c3-9ee8-5aa1f86c1dc4
  6. Default App Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default App Issues: Hello, I've recently bought a refurbished computer, and many problems are occurring with windows-related programs: 1. An error message appears when I click on "display settings" both from right-clicking the desktop and clicking "System" in windows settings. The message...
  7. What App to use to open a .mht file?

What App to use to open a .mht file?: I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files. I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text. 134338
  8. Unable to open .mht files

Unable to open .mht files: I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open .mht files, even when I am the one who saved them to this computer and on this software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-mht-files/84d6c0a5-57c4-4f60-aa68-3955f445ff4b"
  9. Issues Selecting Default App

Issues Selecting Default App: Hello, I've been looking online and can't find anything, so I figured I'd make a post. I just installed Win 10 Pro on my work laptop (ssd died so I needed a replacement) and I noticed that all the files I put on my computer were trying to save as Excel files, which I...
  10. blank icon for .mht files

in Windows 10 Support
    blank icon for .mht files: Windows 10 pro, creators update, Firefox 54.0b10 & 53.0.3x64 I use the "Mozilla Archive Format" Firefox addon, which allows me to save .mht files from Firefox. The problem is the files have a "blank" where the Firefox icon should be. I remember having this problem in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change mht default windows 10

2. windows set mht files

3. mht remove steps

4. how to set edge to open .mht files,
  5. default app for .mht,
  6. change programme to opem .mht,
  7. windows 10 change default app for mht files,
  8. how to set default for mht files in edge,
  9. default mht files,
  10. .mht file open settings Windows 10,
  11. set .mht default in Win10,