Windows 10: default app mode

Discus and support default app mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a combination of keystrokes to toggle between Light and Dark app modes, or is the only way to change by going into Settings? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marymack23, Jan 31, 2020.

1. default app mode

Is there a combination of keystrokes to toggle between Light and Dark app modes, or is the only way to change by going into Settings? Thanks!

marymack23

:)

marymack23, Jan 31, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done default app mode :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 31, 2020
  3. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 31, 2020
  4. default app mode

Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

default app mode

1. default app mode - Similar Threads - default app mode

2. Default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps: I just installed MSOffice and am trying to set Word and Excel as default apps but am having no success. I've tried using the obvious methods available in Settings, but it doesn't even list them as apps! How do I solve this mystery?...
  3. Default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps: I just installed MSOffice and am trying to set Word and Excel as default apps but am having no success. I've tried using the obvious methods available in Settings, but it doesn't even list them as apps! How do I solve this mystery?...
  4. Default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 keeps changing default app mode to light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps changing default app mode to light: Hello,I'm very confused as to why, but every morning at around 6:00 AM the default app color mode reverts automatically to light mode even though I keep manually changing it back to dark every single time. I'm positive that it hasn't always happened , if I recall correctly it...
  6. Windows 11 keeps changing default app mode to light

Windows 11 keeps changing default app mode to light: Hello,I'm very confused as to why, but every morning at around 6:00 AM the default app color mode reverts automatically to light mode even though I keep manually changing it back to dark every single time. I'm positive that it hasn't always happened , if I recall correctly it...
  7. Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode

Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode: I am trying to change windows 10 to "dark mode". I went into the colors tab and looked for "default app mode" but it doesn't show up. I have seen people suggest clicking on custom in the color tab to get it to show up but when I click on custom it brings up a another window...
  8. Default Apps

Default Apps: How can I set gmail as my default email app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps/3de71169-05e4-46ee-a0fb-4617a612e562
  9. default apps

default apps: I have a problem with default apps when I set them to preferred ones after restarts all of them came back to their defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps/b368645f-0817-4909-9a33-badfd32ede3a
  10. Changing the default app when in tablet mode

Changing the default app when in tablet mode: Hi, I'm new to these forums so my apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this in. What I am trying to figure out how to do is change the default program used to open pdf files when my convertible laptop is in tablet mode compared to when it is in regular laptop...