Windows 10: Default app will be reset every time

Discus and support Default app will be reset every time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello dear friends, I tried many way(safe mode, set default app by right click on each file,...) but unfortunately every time after restart windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohammad92, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Default app will be reset every time

Hello dear friends,

I tried many way(safe mode, set default app by right click on each file,...) but unfortunately every time after restart windows default apps change to default

unfortunately I can't restore windows to original one because of many app that installed!

So what should I do?

This is really harassment!

Thank you

:)

Mohammad92, Nov 23, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default app will be reset every time :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 23, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Default app will be reset every time

Resetting Default App in Widows 10

Hi Peter,

Some of the possible reason why you're default apps reset every reboot is due to corrupted system files or third party software. We suggest that you set at least 2 or 3 default apps then perform a clean boot and check if the issue is occurring due to any
    third party programs. Click this
    link
    to view the steps on how to perform a clean boot.

Let us know if the suggestions help you in resolving the problem.

Regile Reb, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Default app will be reset every time

1. Default app will be reset every time - Similar Threads - Default app reset

2. Default app reset every singel time after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default app reset every singel time after restart: Hello Team,I set PDF reader as default software to view PDF files. but after system restart, all PDF documents showing as unknown file .again i'm selecting PDF as default file. so default app settings reset after system restart. Will you please suggest the solution....
  3. Default app reset every singel time after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default app reset every singel time after restart: Hello Team,I set PDF reader as default software to view PDF files. but after system restart, all PDF documents showing as unknown file .again i'm selecting PDF as default file. so default app settings reset after system restart. Will you please suggest the solution....
  4. Default apps settings resets on every restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps settings resets on every restart.: I recently upgraded my Lenovo Think Centre desktop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I altered the default app settings for Chrome, Acrobat Reader, etc., but every time I restart my computer, they are reset. I've tried some of the forum-recommended fixes, including...
  5. Default apps settings resets on every restart.

Default apps settings resets on every restart.: I recently upgraded my Lenovo Think Centre desktop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I altered the default app settings for Chrome, Acrobat Reader, etc., but every time I restart my computer, they are reset. I've tried some of the forum-recommended fixes, including...
  6. Windows 10 resets default apps on every boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 resets default apps on every boot: Hi!This issue has been killing me for weeks now, and I can't seem to find a fix for it. Long story short, I upgraded to Windows 11 about a week ago, and a few days later I downgraded back to Win 10 because 11 turned out to be a pile of burning garbage, but ever since the...
  7. Windows 10 resets default apps on every boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 resets default apps on every boot: Hi!This issue has been killing me for weeks now, and I can't seem to find a fix for it. Long story short, I upgraded to Windows 11 about a week ago, and a few days later I downgraded back to Win 10 because 11 turned out to be a pile of burning garbage, but ever since the...
  8. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  9. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  10. Default apps reset after every reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default apps reset after every reboot: So out of the Blue, I noticed that Firefox wasn't my default browser anymore (it started asking about it again), so I went into the settings and set everything again (not just the browser, every default app) but after a reboot, Firefox asked me again so it clearly doesn't...