Windows 10: Default Application Called by Troubleshooter button in windows ?

Discus and support Default Application Called by Troubleshooter button in windows ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to troubleshoot a microphone problem in Windows 10. I pushed the troubleshoot button and I received a radio selection of apps that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrentA_4b, Sep 17, 2021.

1. BrentA_4b Win User

Default Application Called by Troubleshooter button in windows ?

I was trying to troubleshoot a microphone problem in Windows 10. I pushed the troubleshoot button and I received a radio selection of apps that "troubleshooter would call which was weird. I selected a windows one which clearly was wrong. Now when I select troubleshooter it just does nothing. I cant figure out where to deselect, or to select what troubleshooter should really call.Any help here? Is there a default troubleshoot app that it should call when the button is selected?Obviously there must be a way to switch this back correctly but I have no idea and its driving me crazy. Google

:)

BrentA_4b, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Application Called by Troubleshooter button in windows ? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Default Application Called by Troubleshooter button in windows ? - Similar Threads - Default Application Called

2. DEFAULT APPLICATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DEFAULT APPLICATION: Hi ,I have only 1 chrome and only 1 microsoft edge still it is showing this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-application/2a6d6d5c-b761-4da1-86c3-7ec5bc1b53fe
  3. An application caused a problem with the default application...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An application caused a problem with the default application...: Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared: "an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..." It has appeared to me 2 times, once...
  4. An application caused a problem with the default application...

in Windows 10 Support
    An application caused a problem with the default application...: Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared: "an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..." It has appeared to me 2 times, once...
  5. Default Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Applications: When I try to choose default applications by file type, WinAmp is not an option. How do I associate WinAmp to mp3? Thanks! Vers. 1909 [img] 165806
  6. Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable: I am trying to apply a cumulative KBs spanning from November 2019 to this month on Windows 10 1909. The machine is offline so I have to download the KBs onto a disk and then apply them to the machine. Every KB I attempts to apply says not applicable and I have verified they...
  7. Default Windows Applications Broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default Windows Applications Broken: Whenever I try to open a Windows default app photos, calculator, xbox game bar, microsoft store, etc. it outputs the following error: "There’s a problem with [Insert Application Name]. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it." I can't find a...
  8. Default Windows Applications not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default Windows Applications not opening.: Hello guys. I was on the 1903 update from a couple of months and wanted to open Microsoft store recently. So I double click on it and it just flashes for a split second and closes. All Microsoft default apps are behaving in the same way. Calculator, calendar etc. I've tried...
  9. default application issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    default application issue: some default applications like photos ,mail and microsoft store are not starting. what can i do to repair them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-application-issue/9b8646c5-bb50-4eb3-842a-f5d1f3fdd88d
  10. Default Applications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Applications in Windows 10: I am trying to change a default application in Windows 10. I go to Settings > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type. I cannot click on the file in the Name column. I click on the app in the Default App column that I want to change. "Choose an app" pops up, but...