Windows 10: default application issue

Discus and support default application issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; some default applications like photos ,mail and microsoft store are not starting. what can i do to repair them ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kamelialia, Jan 8, 2019.

1. default application issue

some default applications like photos ,mail and microsoft store are not starting. what can i do to repair them ?

:)

kamelialia, Jan 8, 2019

2. Default Photo issue

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your update.

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Go to control panel.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Click on Microsoft Picture Viewer and set it to default.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.

Keep us posted if you have any issue with Windows, we are happy to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 8, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

default application issue

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done default application issue :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

default application issue

1. default application issue - Similar Threads - default application issue

2. Windows 11 - Default Application Microsoft Store Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Default Application Microsoft Store Issues: Hello there! I have had this issue for a very long time, but I haven't had to worry about it until now. The problem that I am having has to do with the Microsoft Store and Default Windows 11 applications. It comes down to reinstalling these default windows applications after...
  3. Windows 11 - Default Application Microsoft Store Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Default Application Microsoft Store Issues: Hello there! I have had this issue for a very long time, but I haven't had to worry about it until now. The problem that I am having has to do with the Microsoft Store and Default Windows 11 applications. It comes down to reinstalling these default windows applications after...
  4. DEFAULT APPLICATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DEFAULT APPLICATION: Hi ,I have only 1 chrome and only 1 microsoft edge still it is showing this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-application/2a6d6d5c-b761-4da1-86c3-7ec5bc1b53fe
  5. An application caused a problem with the default application...

An application caused a problem with the default application...: Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared: "an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..." It has appeared to me 2 times, once...
  6. An application caused a problem with the default application...

in Windows 10 Support
    An application caused a problem with the default application...: Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared: "an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..." It has appeared to me 2 times, once...
  7. Default Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Applications: When I try to choose default applications by file type, WinAmp is not an option. How do I associate WinAmp to mp3? Thanks! Vers. 1909 [img] 165806
  8. Change Default Application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Application: How do I change the default application that opens a particular file type? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-application/76b98b25-e3f7-4485-bc93-e7c90d629275
  9. Default applications - not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default applications - not changing: Default applications are not changing in app properties, but in the windows default app settings they are being saved. However, the files still open with their default assigned apps, which is usually not set....
  10. Mail and Calendar default application

Mail and Calendar default application: In default application, mail and calendar apps does not show default app. It shows add button. When I try to add, it shows no app is installed. But Microsoft mail and calendar app is installed. How to go about it. 7790