Windows 10: DEFAULT APPLICATION

Discus and support DEFAULT APPLICATION in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi ,I have only 1 chrome and only 1 microsoft edge still it is showing this .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LUCKY-SINGH, May 17, 2021.

1. DEFAULT APPLICATION

Hi ,I have only 1 chrome and only 1 microsoft edge still it is showing this .

:)

LUCKY-SINGH, May 17, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done DEFAULT APPLICATION :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 17, 2021
  3. Default Photo issue

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your update.

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Go to control panel.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Click on Microsoft Picture Viewer and set it to default.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.

Keep us posted if you have any issue with Windows, we are happy to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, May 17, 2021
  4. DEFAULT APPLICATION

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 17, 2021
Thema:

DEFAULT APPLICATION

1. DEFAULT APPLICATION - Similar Threads - DEFAULT APPLICATION

2. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  3. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  4. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  6. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  7. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  8. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  9. I am not able to use some default application in second user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use some default application in second user profile: Like calculator, image viewer and other default applications not able to use in 2nd user profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-some-default-application-in/0d260061-7d72-449a-ac3a-93b501b3894f
  10. I am not able to use some default application in second user profile

I am not able to use some default application in second user profile: Like calculator, image viewer and other default applications not able to use in 2nd user profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-some-default-application-in/0d260061-7d72-449a-ac3a-93b501b3894f