Windows 10: Default applications: Create an association

Discus and support Default applications: Create an association in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Default applications: Create an association Default applications: Create an association.Windows 10 Hello, im Mar, I want help with something that has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarWarsForComputers, Sep 9, 2018.

1. MarWarsForComputers Win User

Default applications: Create an association

Default applications: Create an association.Windows 10

Hello, im Mar, I want help with something that has happened with my computer, here's what happened :Okay, since like 4 days, my computer lagged so I decided to turn it off, I turned it on, and I went to play Roblox. When I did that, I clicked on a game, as always, but when I wanted to play, the game didnt work, I tried many ways to fix it, but none worked, so, I really need help with that.

I would like help, Default applications: Create an association :)

***Moved from Spanish

Moved from Windows 10 / Network & internet

:)

MarWarsForComputers, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Nyima Yonten Win User

Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10  

Not sure why the suggested that there either since .zip is not listed by default. The easiest way is to use the "Open with" context menu to change the association for .zip.

Brink, Sep 9, 2018
  4. wxws3r. Win User

This file has no associated application to perform this action. Install an application if it's already installed, create an association on the default settings page

Whenever I try to open this game called "PayDay 2" it says this "This file has no associated application to perform this action.
    Install an application if it's already installed, create an association on the default settings page".

I have a new computer and I just downloaded that program. Other games will start tho so its only this one.

wxws3r., Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Default applications: Create an association - Similar Threads - Default applications Create

2. Cannot set default applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set default applications: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1803 and am fully up to date on Windows Updates (barring the October update, of course, which is not available at the moment). I cannot set default applications for "Choose default applications by file type", or "Choose default applications by...
  3. how do I create an association with my default email in w10

how do I create an association with my default email in w10: I have set 'Mail' as the default email in 'settings, but when I try to send a photo to the email programme I get a dialogue box that tells me that there is no association with an email account and I should make one. How do I do that?...
  4. Default applications: Create an association

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default applications: Create an association: Default applications: Create an association.Windows 10 Hello, im Mar, I want help with something that has happened with my computer, here's what happened :Okay, since like 4 days, my computer lagged so I decided to turn it off, I turned it on, and I went to play Roblox. When...
  5. Default applications: Create an association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default applications: Create an association: Default applications: Create an association Default applications: Create an association.Windows 10 Hello, im Mar, I want help with something that has happened with my computer, here's what happened :Okay, since like 4 days, my computer lagged so I decided to turn it off, I...
  6. when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program...

when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program...: Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017. As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on Windows 10, and is unavailable for download so what email program do I download??...
  7. Windows 10 1709. How do I reset the default for an application extension association?

Windows 10 1709. How do I reset the default for an application extension association?: Hi guys, I am currently using windows 10 build 1709. I set the default for an extension of .flv files to a program made for creating .flv files but it evidently can not play them. I need to set up the actual video player to be associated with the .flv extension. When I...
  8. Still Calendar is not default application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still Calendar is not default application.: Now full windows 10 is there. We can not get Calendar as default application for Calendar. When we click for choose default, it says "There is no installed app or protocol and look for an app in store." If we go to look in store msg says 'Your search for...
  9. resetting default appilcation associations

resetting default appilcation associations: At work we have a software program that several times a day will erase my default program associations for : Http, https, PDF, jpeg, mailto. So several times a day I need to manually re associate firefox, paint, adobe, outlook. It is annoying. I think the program that does it...
  10. Mail and Calendar default application

Mail and Calendar default application: In default application, mail and calendar apps does not show default app. It shows add button. When I try to add, it shows no app is installed. But Microsoft mail and calendar app is installed. How to go about it. 7790