Windows 10: Default Applications in Windows 10

Discus and support Default Applications in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to change a default application in Windows 10. I go to Settings > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type. I cannot click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BRBoston8724, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Default Applications in Windows 10

I am trying to change a default application in Windows 10.

I go to Settings > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type.

I cannot click on the file in the Name column. I click on the app in the Default App column that I want to change.

"Choose an app" pops up, but the only choice is to look for an app in the Store. I already have the app that I want on my PC. Why can't I browse to it? I am unable to delete the app that is listed there in order to start over and get the + Choose a default.

How can I change the default app to something that is not in the Microsoft store?

:)

BRBoston8724, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2018
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Default Applications in Windows 10 :(

puma99dk|, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Default Applications in Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Default Applications in Windows 10

1. Default Applications in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Default Applications

2. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  3. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  4. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  6. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  7. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  8. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  9. I am not able to use some default application in second user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use some default application in second user profile: Like calculator, image viewer and other default applications not able to use in 2nd user profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-some-default-application-in/0d260061-7d72-449a-ac3a-93b501b3894f
  10. I am not able to use some default application in second user profile

I am not able to use some default application in second user profile: Like calculator, image viewer and other default applications not able to use in 2nd user profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-some-default-application-in/0d260061-7d72-449a-ac3a-93b501b3894f