Windows 10: Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly

Discus and support Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I make Microsoft 365 as the default app for office documents? Whenever I double-click/open the office documents like .docx, the process always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John Iskandar, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly

How do I make Microsoft 365 as the default app for office documents? Whenever I double-click/open the office documents like .docx, the process always kept reverting back to old Microsoft Office apps. I'm so tired of Microsoft making their apps and help files so damned cryptic and absolutely not user friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

John Iskandar, Feb 8, 2023
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 8, 2023
  3. Paulieg Win User
    Looking for a user friendly OS

i'm looking for a user friendly OS alternative to windows to try. I've never used anything except for windows. I'd like something that I can dual boot with and that has good stable drivers for video cards etc. Suggestions?

Paulieg, Feb 8, 2023
  4. Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly

How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly

1. Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly - Similar Threads - Default apps HELP

2. Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly: How do I make Microsoft 365 as the default app for office documents? Whenever I double-click/open the office documents like .docx, the process always kept reverting back to old Microsoft Office apps. I'm so tired of Microsoft making their apps and help files so damned cryptic...
  3. Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default apps and HELP/SUPPORT not user friendly: How do I make Microsoft 365 as the default app for office documents? Whenever I double-click/open the office documents like .docx, the process always kept reverting back to old Microsoft Office apps. I'm so tired of Microsoft making their apps and help files so damned cryptic...
  4. I need very user friendly help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need very user friendly help: I have discs or CDs or whatever they are called that I've had for several years. Had to get a new computer & lost lots of programs. Trying to re-install embroidery type programs, digitizing, lettering, that type. When I put the disc in nothing happens. They used to start...
  5. Helping a friend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Helping a friend: My friends laptop keeps turning of on its own some times is this a problem wth the laptop or the os? submitted by /u/Soybouy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iy371n/helping_a_friend/
  6. Paint 3D and other not user friendly programs and apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D and other not user friendly programs and apps.: Dear Microsoft, I can help you make your apps and software 20-30% more user friendly. I have over the last several years complained about user glitches, missing steps in instructions that made them not work etc. If I was designing these things there is no way I would...
  7. Microsoft is a not user friendly!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is a not user friendly!: I just downloaded Office 2016 for my iMac. I realize that Steve and Bill didn't always agree, but it would be super helpful if the download/install instructions actually explained how to access services that have been purchased so WE CAN USE THEM. I am relatively tech...
  8. Is this forum user friendly??????????

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this forum user friendly??????????: Hi, I am a new member and yesterday I made my first post. 1) It was supposed to be posted in "Installation & Maintenance" but for some reason found it's way into "Performance & Maintenance" ?????????? LOOK FOR: Windows 10-1803 "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction" 2)...
  9. Is CryptoPrevent 8 user friendly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is CryptoPrevent 8 user friendly?: I didn't get around to updating to version 8 as this program is easy to forget you have... Now I have reinstalled Windows I will probably reinstall it. I recall someone saying version 8 was not so user friendly as the old version, is that true? Is it still a good additional...
  10. Default apps for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps for all users: We are in the process of building an image to deploy to over 500 machines. How do I set the default apps (IE 11, Adobe Reader DC, Photo Viewer and Media player) for all users on a Domain? I tried the profile copy and it failed. Also, is there a way to get rid of some of the...