Windows 10: Default apps for all users

Discus and support Default apps for all users in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We are in the process of building an image to deploy to over 500 machines. How do I set the default apps (IE 11, Adobe Reader DC, Photo Viewer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CrabbyOne, Dec 15, 2015.

1. CrabbyOne Win User

Default apps for all users

We are in the process of building an image to deploy to over 500 machines. How do I set the default apps (IE 11, Adobe Reader DC, Photo Viewer and Media player) for all users on a Domain? I tried the profile copy and it failed. Also, is there a way to get rid of some of the apps like One Drive, Money, Xbox and Games? They have no place in a business environment.

:)

CrabbyOne, Dec 15, 2015

2. Start Menu All Apps menu for All users

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

This issue can be best answered by TechNet forum as they have experts who are trained on such issues.

Technet forums

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Start Menu All Apps menu for All users

I am trying to save a .exe in the All Apps menu for every user that logs into the computer.

With Windows 7 you could go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and modify the start menu for all users. Doesn't seem to work with Win 10 now.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB

KevinVargo, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

Default apps for all users

1. Default apps for all users - Similar Threads - Default apps users

2. How do I make the default theme and default pinned apps for all users from the manufacturer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the default theme and default pinned apps for all users from the manufacturer...: Hi I just perform a repair install on my Lenovo laptop because of sleep issues. And when I created a new user the Lenovo wallpaper, theme, and pinned taskbar Lenovo vantage is no longer in there, but there is still the app. The Lenovo wallpaper, theme, and pinned taskbar...
  3. How do I make the default theme and default pinned apps for all users from the manufacturer...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make the default theme and default pinned apps for all users from the manufacturer...: Hi I just perform a repair install on my Lenovo laptop because of sleep issues. And when I created a new user the Lenovo wallpaper, theme, and pinned taskbar Lenovo vantage is no longer in there, but there is still the app. The Lenovo wallpaper, theme, and pinned taskbar...
  4. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  5. Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users: I have the same issue with 6 new factory installed HP Probook 650 G8 laptops pre installed Windows 10 version 2004. After finishing all HP & Windows updates and removing some HP bloadware, I added the system to the Active Directory domain and logged in as a user normal user...
  6. Default Switchable Graphics All Users

Default Switchable Graphics All Users: I have a Win10 system that will have multiple new users logging in regularly. A software requires the use of the discrete AMD GPU. I can set it to the default on the local admin, and it will run with no problems. I am trying to find a way to make it the default for all users...
  7. Install an app for all users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install an app for all users: Hi From the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 20H2, how do I install an app for all users? Thanks Bye 171707
  8. Install apps on all users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install apps on all users: I purchased a game for my son on the app store, and installed it under my account. How do I install it under his account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-apps-on-all-users/8033e1f0-d342-4e85-b2de-8a28ef63875d
  9. all default apps not opening

all default apps not opening: None of my default apps will open: start, cortana, settings, mail, notifications, etc. Rebooting does not help. Cannot access settings to run Windows Update. Solutions? Everything worked fine yesterday....
  10. Default Apps all deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Apps all deleted: All my default apps for MP3, MP4, WAV etc have suddenly and I mean within an hour!! changed to Windows Media Player and I cannot change them to what I want it defaults all the time back to Windows Media Player!! Is there a fix for this as it's no use to me the way it is I...