Windows 10: Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app

Discus and support Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Win 10. I want to use Photocommander to view jpgs but when I try to set it as the default it does not come up in the options list. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sharon C Wallace, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app

I am running Win 10. I want to use Photocommander to view jpgs but when I try to set it as the default it does not come up in the options list. Thanks for your help. Sharon in PA

:)

Sharon C Wallace, Apr 18, 2019

2. setting default photo viewer app

I have ACDSee installed on my Windows 10 laptop. Opens and works just fine. When I go to settings to set the default photo viewer, ACDSee isn't listed as an available app. why not? Also, when I right click on a photo and pick View with> there is no option
    to pick ACDSee or to set a default there as there is on my Win 7 computer. Can you help me get the app I want to be the default?

JudithRoss, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer

Hello Friends!

Firstly, thank you Shawn @Brink for taking the time to share your expertise with us all and amongst other things, compile an extensive and thorough list of Windows 10 Help Tutorials.

I've read your 'How to Choose Default Apps to Open Files with in Windows 10' Tutorial (Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials), however, I'm still having an issue with regard to setting 'IrfanView' as my Windows 10 Default 'Photo Viewer'. As you will see in the attached screenshot, 'IrfanView' does not appear as an option to choose.

NB: I have set 'IrfanView' as 'Default by Protocol' and 'Default by App'.

I may have missed something, but if you or one of our wonderful members / users are able to provide a fix for this issue at some stage, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance one and all !!!

Neil Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app :)

Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app [​IMG]

Neil Macready, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Anakunda Win User

Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app

Setting defaults by app

I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app.
    In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated.
    I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to this App. In Windows 8.x it worked this way I have detailed list with sorting and multiselect capabilities. That list in Windows 10 is dummy and unable to assign other way than selecting App from drobdown for each format. Is that smarter list from Windows 8 really gone?

Anakunda, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app

1. Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app - Similar Threads - Default Apps JPG

2. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  3. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  4. Setting a Default App . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a Default App . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The browsers, I have installed are: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Google Chrome 3. Mozilla Firefox 4. Comodo IceDragon Everything, I open. Movies email, etc. Uses, Internet Explorer. I don't even like,...
  5. Default app settings

Default app settings: Hi, Can someone help with the following please? I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed on my computer, which has more features than Acrobat Reader. Every time I start the computer I have to choose this programme as default app for pdf files, and every time I shut down the...
  6. Default Apps settings

Default Apps settings: I was able until recently in Win 10 to send documents from within various Apps (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc) using the "send Mail" feature incorporated in those Apps. Now I cannot do it and I get an error message telling me that they cannot connect to my mail server. I have...
  7. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...
  8. Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer

Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer: Hello Friends! Firstly, thank you Shawn @Brink for taking the time to share your expertise with us all and amongst other things, compile an extensive and thorough list of Windows 10 Help Tutorials. I've read your 'How to Choose Default Apps to Open Files with in Windows...
  9. Setting defaults by app

Setting defaults by app: I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated. I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to...
  10. default jpg viewer

default jpg viewer: How do I make Win10 use the standard jpg viewer that was used in Win7? I think it was actually a DLL. 105204