Windows 10: Default apps not working on windows 10

Discus and support Default apps not working on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there!!! Recently i noticed that none of the preinstalled softwares from windows 10 are not working on my laptop. I own a Dell Inspiron 7000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Muizz Hasan Rizvi, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Default apps not working on windows 10

Hey there!!!

Recently i noticed that none of the preinstalled softwares from windows 10 are not working on my laptop.

I own a Dell Inspiron 7000 series gaming laptop with gtx 1050ti gpu.

I dont know if the problem came up due to the new windows 10 update because i dont usually opened these preinstalled apps but when i tried to open the camera app, a window poped up and then closed automatically.

i tried opening other apps like photos, mail etc. even the windows store app is not even opening.(In all the app when i try to open only one thing happens- a window just pops up and then the app closes automatically)

Can anyone help me in this issue.

Thank you!

:)

Muizz Hasan Rizvi, Dec 3, 2018
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Default apps not working on windows 10 :(

puma99dk|, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Default apps not working on windows 10

Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the default apps on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using Microsoft account?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access defaults apps on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files. Let us try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if you are able to access the apps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Default apps not working on windows 10

1. Default apps not working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Default apps working

2. Windows 10 default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 default apps: I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 on Windows 10 21H1 that has taken to resetting the default apps to Microsoft apps on every boot. I have tried the registry entry fixes that I have found and none of them work. It resets all the default apps - browser, photos, music etc. The system...
  3. Windows 10 default Email app not working

Windows 10 default Email app not working: Hello, I am trying to change the default Email app in Windows 10. I found instructions on line how to chrome as the handler of my Email. So in settings the default Email is set to Chrome. When I right click on a file and click "share" it only gives me the option...
  4. Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all: Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all I have the Windows 10 upgrade on my desktop PC. Recently, the default programs Photo Viewer, Calendar, ms store, feedback hub,and all the program default expect ms edge and chrome have been failing to open. The photo...
  5. All default windows 10 apps aren't working.

All default windows 10 apps aren't working.: Everytime I go to open up my apps, nothing opens. This is what https://imgur.com/a/GfDVCkf Anytime I go to click on it, nothing happens. I do scans and windows find no corruptions. I did a "Reset this PC'. Both options "Keep my files" and "Remove everything". I can't...
  6. Windows 10 default apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 default apps not working: Hello, I tried to download something from the Microsoft Store, but when I opened it, it crashed, it keeps repeating. Same for any app except settings. My calculator, calendar, groove or photos and mail don't open. Is there any way of fixing it?...
  7. Default apps in Windows 10

Default apps in Windows 10: I have been using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard (from about 10 years ago) successfully to create, edit, etc. pdf files. suddenly, Windows wants me to download an Adobe free reader. My question is why can't I set the Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard as the default pdf app?...
  8. Windows 10 default apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 default apps: when i want to open my windows 10 default apps, it keeps closing everytime i open it, every single default app ( Microsoft Store Apps) including calculator, camera, weather, and Microsoft Store itself. i try everything on internet but it doesnt solved at all. i've done...
  9. Setting default app not working on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting default app not working on windows 10 Pro: There are many other posts on the issue, in my case none of them have worked however. I am running Windows 10 pro and i am trying to make emacs my default app for opening .tex, .fsx., .dll, .fs and .fsi files. Emacs is not installed on windows the usual way so i cannot use...
  10. Windows 10 Default Apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Default Apps not working: it's been days I can't run default Apps in my PC, I have followed the solutions from several peoples but no one works. I am not a technician. i don't know what to do. I cannot run Apps like Defualt Photo & Video Viewer, Maps, Camera, Xbox, Microsoft Store, Microsoft Office....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows default apps not working

2. default apps from windows not working