Windows 10: 'Default Apps' page in Settings frozen

Discus and support 'Default Apps' page in Settings frozen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I was trying to change my default web browser to Google Chrome in the settings app and I don't know what happened. As soon as I had changed it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marzippan, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Marzippan Win User

'Default Apps' page in Settings frozen

So I was trying to change my default web browser to Google Chrome in the settings app and I don't know what happened. As soon as I had changed it the apps in my toolbar and on my desktop page started glitching. It looks like they are refreshing over and over again. (It looks as if you went to your desktop page, right-clicked and pressed the refresh button over and over again.) I've tried to reset my default apps but whenever I go into the Default Apps page in Settings, the page freezes and the apps start glitching again. (The apps only glitch when I open that specific page in the settings app.) Please help me with this problem, although it's not major I would like to get it fixed.

:)

Marzippan, Aug 14, 2019

2. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2019
  3. sharing Win User
    got out of frozen signin page

I added "free" Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 1545 which first had Windows 7 and was on a frozen signin page all day yesterday. Tried all kinds of online help suggestions, to no avail. Finally, turned the laptop off, then pressed and held F12 button while turning it back on. It finally got me off that frozen page to the page I usually go to when first turning the computer on. Went to apps and then settings where I found an option to uninstall Windows 10, which I did immediately. It took about 1/2 hour to run diagnostic and reboot. Hope this helps somebody avoid the loss of a day online.

sharing, Aug 14, 2019
  4. 'Default Apps' page in Settings frozen

Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

'Default Apps' page in Settings frozen

1. 'Default Apps' page in Settings frozen - Similar Threads - 'Default Apps' page

2. "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page: screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/hnwSDrm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-default-options-is-missing-under-default/12d75774-8ce7-41ca-990a-0272d9d87500
  3. "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page: screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/hnwSDrm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-default-options-is-missing-under-default/12d75774-8ce7-41ca-990a-0272d9d87500
  4. Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page: Would someone please explain, in layman's terms, how to resolve this issue. I have come up against this message several times in the past and have NEVER managed to successfully set up an app. I have searched for answers on Youtube and, frankly, been totally terrified by the...
  5. Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page

Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page: Would someone please explain, in layman's terms, how to resolve this issue. I have come up against this message several times in the past and have NEVER managed to successfully set up an app. I have searched for answers on Youtube and, frankly, been totally terrified by the...
  6. Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frozen default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen default apps: On my home computer, every time I use a Microsoft corp app such as snip and sketch, films and tv, or even calculator after a while it freezes and I'm unable to swap apps with Alt tab or Windows tab for a while without going into task manager. I've already tried resetting the...
  8. Frozen default apps

Frozen default apps: On my home computer, every time I use a Microsoft corp app such as snip and sketch, films and tv, or even calculator after a while it freezes and I'm unable to swap apps with Alt tab or Windows tab for a while without going into task manager. I've already tried resetting the...
  9. Frozen default apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Default Apps Setting Page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Apps Setting Page: I just installed Windows 10 Pro. Had a little problem getting it loaded. Now it is stating "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Setting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default app settings page

2. default apps setting page

3. default app setting page

4. default app setting pGE,
  5. defailt app settings page,
  6. default settings app page,
  7. default appp settings page,
  8. when i try to choose default apps by file type in Win10 the page is frozen,
  9. default page settings app