Windows 10: Default Apps

Discus and support Default Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I set gmail as my default email app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps/3de71169-05e4-46ee-a0fb-4617a612e562 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisMacey, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Default Apps

How can I set gmail as my default email app?

:)

ChrisMacey, Jun 12, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Apps :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 12, 2019
  3. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Default Apps

Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Default Apps

1. Default Apps - Similar Threads - Default Apps

2. I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...: Hello there! A few weeks ago, I was on my laptop trying to launch some applications, like Spotify, but no matter how many times I clicked, they would not open. I turned on and off my computer, but nothing changed. I thus tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app in...
  3. I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...: Hello there! A few weeks ago, I was on my laptop trying to launch some applications, like Spotify, but no matter how many times I clicked, they would not open. I turned on and off my computer, but nothing changed. I thus tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app in...
  4. No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?: I am unable to change my default browser as the option doesn't even exist. Under Default Apps there is no option for "browser" or "web browser". Additionally, Edge, Brave, and Firefox do not show up in that list. In the search box for "Set defaults for applications" I have...
  5. No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?

No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?: I am unable to change my default browser as the option doesn't even exist. Under Default Apps there is no option for "browser" or "web browser". Additionally, Edge, Brave, and Firefox do not show up in that list. In the search box for "Set defaults for applications" I have...
  6. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  7. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  8. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Apps: So how the heck I get Irfanview to appear as Default Photo viewer in Default Apps? I mean w/o installing Microsoft Store version of it which isn't up-to-date version?Changing IV's File associations doesn't do anything as images jpgs etc try to open up in MS Paint.Tried as...
  10. Running App Downloaded From Microsoft Store in Administrator Mode by Default

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Running App Downloaded From Microsoft Store in Administrator Mode by Default: I purchased 4k Video Downloader from the Microsoft Store but some of its features such as the Smart Mode do not work. If you try to set Smart Mode settings it clears once you exit the dialog box. I figured out that running the application in administrator mode fixes this and...