Windows 10: Default Audio Devices keep changing

Discus and support Default Audio Devices keep changing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have desktop soeakers plugged into the line out jack on my pc. I am also using a usb headset. I set my desktop speakers as my default device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Breakdown13, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Default Audio Devices keep changing

Hello! I have desktop soeakers plugged into the line out jack on my pc. I am also using a usb headset. I set my desktop speakers as my default device but everytime I power down or restart windows makes my headset the default. I have tried disabling the headset as well as uninstalling it from the device manager. No matter what I do when I restart it is there. I also tried renaming the headset becausr it keeps defaulting to the name speakers and I even tried chsnging the icon and it never stays. As soon as I restart its back to the speaker icon and the name is back to speakers. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

:)

Breakdown13, Nov 16, 2018

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Default Audio Devices keep changing

Audio default device change?

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers from the system and check if it resolves the issue.

If the issue persist, perform audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: If the issue persist, run built in audio device troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows Key then type troubleshoot and press Enter.

• Select View all on the left panel and run Playing Audio troubleshooter from the list and see if it works

• Click Advanced, ensure to check Apply repairs automatically and also select Run as administrator

• Click Next.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Default Audio Devices keep changing

1. Default Audio Devices keep changing - Similar Threads - Default Audio Devices

2. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select an audio device as the default audio device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to...
  3. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select a device as the default device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to reset my...
  4. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select a device as the default device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to reset my...
  5. Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...: I currently have a gaming headset w/microphone connected to my PC via USB, and another wireless headset w/microphone connected via Bluetooth. I frequently change between the two headsets depending on my current task. However, it's a minor annoyance to have to manually switch...
  6. Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...: I currently have a gaming headset w/microphone connected to my PC via USB, and another wireless headset w/microphone connected via Bluetooth. I frequently change between the two headsets depending on my current task. However, it's a minor annoyance to have to manually switch...
  7. Default Audio and input devices changing rapidly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Audio and input devices changing rapidly: Hello, for starters this issue will only be fixed after a restart and seemingly starts up after I try and alter what my default communication or recording device is. It will then "seek out" for a lack of better terms, a device to set a default leading to my computer's audio...
  8. Default Audio devices keeps changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Audio devices keeps changing: I own a Razer Kraken 7.1 v2, and since i own a new pc sometimes the default audio device changes from my headphones to another (I don't know which because i don't have enough time to see which device it is) for around 0.5-2 seconds. It can be annoying when im watching a movie...
  9. Keeps forgetting my default audio device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeps forgetting my default audio device?: So, the way I have my sound set up, I have dual monitors, and my secondary monitor is the only one with a sound card. I have a desktop speaker system connected to the monitor, for whenever I dont have my headphones on. Has been working for over a year now with no issues, and...
  10. Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 The default audio playback device is the device that Windows uses to output (play) sound. When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or...