Windows 10: Default autoplay program

Discus and support Default autoplay program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I insert a DVD into the dvd drive it no longer plays automaticaly.Is there a programme in Windows 10 that can be set as default to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrysutt, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Default autoplay program

When I insert a DVD into the dvd drive it no longer plays automaticaly.Is there a programme in Windows 10
    that can be set as default to play automaticaly.The options for doing this in control panel are now disabled.

:)

Terrysutt, Dec 26, 2017

2. stop the playing of files in address bar

I Found the problem in Internet Explorer 11. After the new Windows 10 installed itself, it must have reset everything in the Internet Explorer as well. It was the Autoplay function. Under these Instructions I was able to reset it and it now works as it once
    had.

How to Change AutoPlay Settings

Access Control Panel type in search box "default programs" you will find a list of options there. Some of which apply to DVDs. These are under "Change AutoPlay Settings".

Click on Default Programs, or Change AutoPlay Settings.

Under "Default Programs" there are four choices:

1. Set your default programs

2. Associate a file type or protocal with a program

3. Change AutoPlay Settings

4. Set program access and computer defaults

pittsburghtony, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Kid6Boy4 Win User
    windows 10 default recommendations and autoplay options

I'm confused,but maybe I'm missing something.

I have windows 10 and have noticed that MS recommended default programs don't match up with autoplay options.

Two examples:

Recommended default for music is Groove. In autoplay, Windows Media Player is an option, but not Groove.

Recommended default for Videos is Movies and TV. Autoplay has Windows Media Player, but Movies and TV is not an option.

Is there a reason/explanation for this?

Kid6Boy4, Dec 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Default autoplay program

Hi, there's no DVD player in Win 10: you need to install another program. Please see e.g.
    How to play DVDs in Windows 10 for free | PCWorld

and threads on this topic in this forum.

Then configure Autoplay appropriately, starting with

Default autoplay program [​IMG]

and

Default autoplay program [​IMG]

Hopefully that will work for you.

- here I'm just wondering what you're comparing it with... when did a DVD last use to play automatically?

dalchina, Dec 26, 2017
  5. Rocky Win User
  6. dalchina New Member
    That's suggested in the first URL I posted.

dalchina, Dec 27, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    All settings are in Default Programs. You can make those changes in system settings or in the Control Panel. It was for a while that if you upgraded from 7 & 8, you would automatically have Microsoft's native Windows 10 DVD player automatically download. I would go for VLC, since it has a lot more to it than some of the other players.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Default autoplay program

1. Default autoplay program - Similar Threads - Default autoplay program

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. Program used by Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program used by Autoplay: I want a specific program to run when I connect my camera to my PC. That program is not among the options that can be selected. How do I add it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-used-by-autoplay/9e2afe46-3821-4d0c-9320-fd024139c486
  5. Default AutoPlay behaviour for a particular USB device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default AutoPlay behaviour for a particular USB device: Howdy, I have a piece of scientific equipment that appears as a mass storage device when I plug it in. Is there any way to suppress AutoPlay opening an explorer window behaviour for only this device, for any system I plug it in to? e.g. is there something I can put in an...
  6. Default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default programs: I have set up my default browser properly and when I start it, after startup, it asks me t;o make it the default browser; I have to set it up again and I still get the "make me the default browser" . I know how to do it properly, I've been doing it for years, also the...
  7. AutoPlay defaults

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AutoPlay defaults: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...
  8. set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...
  9. How do I select AutoPlay program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I select AutoPlay program?: Greetings, How do I select a program in AutoPlay? When I go to Settings > Devices > AutoPlay, the Removable drive options are: Take no action Open folder to view files (File Explorer) Ask me every time Configure this drive for backup (File History) Configure storage...
  10. Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of...