Windows 10: Default Background Apps

Discus and support Default Background Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go into Settings and select Privacy/Background Apps the Settings app shuts down. Does anyone have any ideas whys this is happening?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DennisHays, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Default Background Apps

When I go into Settings and select Privacy/Background Apps the Settings app shuts down. Does anyone have any ideas whys this is happening?

:)

DennisHays, Jan 23, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Background Apps :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Default Background Apps

Default Background color on widescreen video playback

Still didn't help. Any more suggestions?

Karlos-kun, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Default Background Apps

1. Default Background Apps - Similar Threads - Default Background Apps

2. background setting default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  3. background setting default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  4. Windows Default background (edited)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Default background (edited): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Beneficial_Type_8421 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pdv688/windows_default_background_edited/
  5. Default User Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default User Desktop Background: One important thing for us to include in our Windows 10 clone/image is we want to set the wallpaper to a particular .jpg file to be used as the initial desktop background when new users log in. We do not want to use a policy GPO setting because we want the user to have the...
  6. Apps in background

Apps in background: Hello, I am trying to stop Messenger app Facebook working in the background. I did disable the app in the list of "Background apps" in the settings. After that I restarted the computer also, but still I receive notifications from the app when someone writes me on Facebook...
  7. Windows 10 Default Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Default Backgrounds: Hey, just wanted to ask if any of you guys have a google photos album or something like that with all the Windows 10 Default Background? I would be especially happy about the one with the green tent under the stars. I couldn’t find anything with a decent high resolution....
  8. Need to Change Default Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to Change Default Background: Good Evening All, Windows 10 just upgraded itself to TH-2. One of the annoying things since I have upgraded to WIn-10 was that I have no control over that default white background for everything. It really hurts my eyes. Can someone give me a registry hack, or a tool...
  9. Edge default background colors

in Browsers and Email
    Edge default background colors: Is there any way to change the colors of edge other than 'light' (which I have selected) or 'dark'? My favorites bar turns dark/black and I can not even see the favorites I have pinned there. *Shock See pic > [img] 8058
  10. Background apps

Background apps: Some background apps appear even when turned off the only thing that stop them from appearing is disable superfetch or to open the apps and close them or end them from task manager. Is there are way I can stop these apps from appearing in task manager? 48841