Windows 10: "Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it

Discus and support "Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a small issue. As the title says, the default beep no longer plays on the Windows 10 Volume Slider after I changed it to a custom one. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bruno CN, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Bruno CN Win User

"Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it

Hi, I have a small issue. As the title says, the default beep no longer plays on the Windows 10 Volume Slider after I changed it to a custom one. I sought for a solution with no success. Tried playing with some values in regedit, made sure the new custom sound is very short, restarting the computer after the change, but nothing seemed to work. After this, I gave up and preferred to have the default to nothing, but after I switched back to the default by changing all my sounds to the default it still didn't play and yes, I did check the sound is not set as "None".

That's when I noticed, the problem seems to be solely in this volume slider:

"Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it df312070-d572-4c93-b5f7-4f9c2199b0db?upload=true.png

Because when I tried it in the volume mixer, both the default and my custom beep played normally and without issues:

"Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it f938bd91-49ed-4cad-8468-142e9717cc5f?upload=true.png

It's worth noting that all of my other custom sounds play without a problem and most are the very same sound I'm using for my default beep.

So, if it works there, but the volume slider doesn't work anymore even with the default sound, what's the problem and how may I solve it? If possible, I'd like to solve this without any third party tools.

:)

Bruno CN, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Martmcd Win User

No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider

ah, you beat me to it

click start, type sounds

select "change system sounds" from the list

check the sound scheme is not set to no sounds.

if it is, select windows default from the dropdown and click apply

the volume slider uses the Default beep

if there is no speaker icon next to it, highlight it and select a sound from the dropdown at the bottom of the window. default is windows background.wav

Martmcd, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Ross Win User
    Windows volume sliders move but no change in volume

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running windows 10. If I change the windows volume sliders either for the application or the system,then No change in volume occurs , except for the mute when I go to zero volume. If I use the in application volume control for Netflix and spottify then I can control the volume. So can anyone suggest anything. In particular I want the dell laptop function keys for volume to work so if there is a way to get the dell laptop keys to control the settings of the application that may be ok.
    I have updated every driver and bios update both from windows update and dell

Ross, Apr 4, 2021
  4. "Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it

Volume Slider pops up randomly changing the audio settings

Update - BLUETOOTH? A couple of coincidences I noticed involving Bluetooth transfers and the volume slider popping up leads me to suspect a conflict. So I just turned off Bluetooth on the laptop and the rogue volume slider disappeared. Could be another coincidence
    of course but I will monitor and report back.

Thx for suggestions.

Richard

Edit: 22nd.

I turned Bluetooth back on this morning and transferred four files to an old Nokia phone. Each time the phone beeped to announce file transfer complete so the volume slider popped up and off again. Think we've found the issue. Now for a solution.

RichardJBryce, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

"Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it

1. "Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it - Similar Threads - Default Beep working

2. Volume slider not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider not working on Windows 11: Hi, I'm having this problem in which the volume slider nor the hotkeys work on increasing or decreasing the volume. The visual slider works but the volume of the PC remains static. The only way to increase/decrease it is by altering the volume in the application i'm using...
  3. Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...: As u can see, My headphones are connected with my device but this slider dosent works with adjusting volume of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-slider-my-volume-slider-of-windows-10-on/fa3e7f68-25c0-4311-bc90-bf2f2721469b
  4. Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...: As u can see, My headphones are connected with my device but this slider dosent works with adjusting volume of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-slider-my-volume-slider-of-windows-10-on/fa3e7f68-25c0-4311-bc90-bf2f2721469b
  5. Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Volume Slider Changes Colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Slider Changes Colors: The color of the volume slider in my Win10 machine randomly changes colors. While this is not particularly significant, I find it slightly annoying. I've looked in a few places to determine how to change this behavior, but without success. If anyone has an idea, please let...
  7. Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify

Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify: I've had this weird issue for some time now that the windows 10 audio slider won't change the loudness of a video. That means when I click on the volume up or down button the slider says that the audio changed, but I hear no difference. It even plays when the slider says that...
  8. No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider

No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider: I have tried every adjustment I know and on Google info and still can't solve the problem. I have sound accept on the sound adjustment slider in the task bar. Can anyone point me to the right directions on solving this problem. Thanks...
  9. Volume Slider not working with headphones

Volume Slider not working with headphones: When I use my wireless headphones with my PC (with a bluetooth dongle), the volume is stuck at 66, and moving the volume slider does nothing except for when I mute the volume. I've been using my headphones for 6 months but this problem just started happening today....
  10. Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume

Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume: Hello, I just recently updated the firmware on my HyperX Flight wireless headset and at the very end of the process, I received an "An error occurred" message but it showed that the firmware was updated. I was able to get my headset working fine but the issue I am...