Windows 10: “Default Beep” on key press? Corsair/Win10 Help?

Discus and support “Default Beep” on key press? Corsair/Win10 Help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought a few new Corsair products today. A headset, mouse, and keyboard. I downloaded the software to do the color schemes and macro mapping, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eli_andrius, Aug 19, 2020.

1. “Default Beep” on key press? Corsair/Win10 Help?

I bought a few new Corsair products today. A headset, mouse, and keyboard. I downloaded the software to do the color schemes and macro mapping, and things were working fine for the first hour.

Now, seemingly out of nowhere and after no change in settings, my computer does a tri-tone sound every time I press any letter key while at the desktop. Doesn’t seem to be happening while active on other programs (Battlestate Games, Rekordbox, Discord).

After failing to find an answer, I discovered the sound in the settings. It’s called “Default Beep”. I simply made it so the default beep is pointed at nothing, so it doesn’t trigger a sound. That seems to work, but I’m worried about whatever is happening behind the scenes and why/how this happened in the first place.

It seems like it happened after I finished cloning my SSD to my new m.2 and changing it to my new boot disk, but i feel like i would have noticed it sooner, and also feel like that wouldn’t be the issue at hand.

Curious if anybody could provide some insight?

(Headed to bed after posting, happy to post pics/vids tomorrow)

submitted by /u/eli_andrius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eli_andrius, Aug 19, 2020

2. Change Beep when keys are pressed or accepted

Hi everybody,

I want to know; if there is a way to change a sound, beep, that win 10 plays when this option is enable.

Path:

Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Set up Filter Keys

Other settings

• Beep when keys are pressed or accepted.

I don't like that beep, I want another one and it would be great if the user can change it.

Thanks in advance, sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.

Jesus Lopera, Aug 19, 2020
  3. paul7876 Win User
    Key press beeps go funny if a key is held down (E71)

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else noticed that the beeps produced by pressing a key go a bit funny if a key is held down for a few seconds to make it beep repidly?

If I'm scrolling down a long list of files, the key beeps change to what is almost a double beep, then if I do it again theres a click and it all goes back to normal.

I don't think this is a hardware fault, as its never been dropped, has done this since day one, and only happens if I hold a key down as opposed to pressing it quickly.

Anyone else noticed this?

Paul

paul7876, Aug 19, 2020
  4. “Default Beep” on key press? Corsair/Win10 Help?

Default Photo issue

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your update.

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Go to control panel.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Click on Microsoft Picture Viewer and set it to default.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.

Keep us posted if you have any issue with Windows, we are happy to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

“Default Beep” on key press? Corsair/Win10 Help?

1. “Default Beep” on key press? Corsair/Win10 Help? - Similar Threads - “Default Beep” key

2. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  3. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  4. My P key makes a beep sound when pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My P key makes a beep sound when pressed.: Everytime the 'P' key is pressed it beeps and when on file explorer pressing P selects pictures folder. Hardware troubleshooting says nothing needs troubleshooting. The 'P' still inputs just makes an annoying sound while doing so....
  5. My P key makes a beep sound when pressed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My P key makes a beep sound when pressed.: Everytime the 'P' key is pressed it beeps and when on file explorer pressing P selects pictures folder. Hardware troubleshooting says nothing needs troubleshooting. The 'P' still inputs just makes an annoying sound while doing so....
  6. My P key makes a beep sound when pressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Beep when keys are pressed or accepted, only with mic?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beep when keys are pressed or accepted, only with mic?: Hello"Beep when keys are pressed or accepted"This function only works when the microphone is active.Can I somehow enable the beep on keypress without having the microphone activated?I can only activate the microphone when having the microphone settings window active.Please...
  8. My keyboard beeps when I press the 'n' key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard beeps when I press the 'n' key: Woke up today and my keyboard started to beep when I press the 'n' key. Checked multiple solutions here on answers.microsoft.com. Sticky, Toggle and Filter keys are off, but I do have 3 "HID Keyboard Device" entries on the Device Manager, under Keyboards.Hope you can help as...
  9. keyboard beeps when the key "t" is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard beeps when the key "t" is pressed: For some reason when I press the key "t" it beeps, I've tried restarting my pc that didn't work and turning off filter keys doesn't work either, please help me it's driving me crazy...
  10. Tab key makes annoying beep every time I press it (Win10)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab key makes annoying beep every time I press it (Win10): Dear Microsoft Community, My tab key makes an annoying blip every time I press it. I have been scrolling through forums, trying every solution, but I haven't found the answer to my particular problem. I have a gaming laptop that runs on Windows 10. Sticky keys, toggle keys,...