Windows 10: Default being reset to Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Default being reset to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am frustrated with my default browser being changed to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. I have tried multiple times to change it to Chrome but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Allen.G27, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Allen.G27 Win User

Default being reset to Microsoft Edge

Hi,

I am frustrated with my default browser being changed to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. I have tried multiple times to change it to Chrome but every time it automatically switches to Microsoft Edge. What is the easiest solution to resolve the issue once and for all? I prefer using Chrome and comfortable only using it. The notifications I receive is an app caused the default browser to change to Edge. I removed the Grammarly extension from Chrome but to no avail. A Windows patch process was initiated by a Microsoft techie but that did not solve the issue either. I am a non-techie and request anyone with the knowledge as how to solve the issue.

Best,

Allen

:)

Allen.G27, Nov 6, 2018

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Nov 6, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Smart selection in Edge

Thank you for the quick response. We suggest resetting your Microsoft edge. This will reset all your default app to its default settings including Microsoft Edge. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type in Settings in Cortana search box.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Apps.
    • Select Default apps on the left pane of the window.
    • Click on Reset located on the Default apps list.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

John Fer, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Default being reset to Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Default being reset

2. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer: I have an issue where the default PDF preview handler that drives the Preview pane in MS explorer as well as in MS outlook, defaults to an MS Edge base preview handler. The only way I know of setting it back is by triggering the set to default .pdf reader within my default...
  3. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer: I have an issue where the default PDF preview handler that drives the Preview pane in MS explorer as well as in MS outlook, defaults to an MS Edge base preview handler. The only way I know of setting it back is by triggering the set to default .pdf reader within my default...
  4. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Edge - 2 Edge on Default Apps

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - 2 Edge on Default Apps: Hello everyone, this is my first post here, I've searched the forum for a similar problem but I haven't found anything, So ... Today I have formatted my computer, while downloading and installing Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) to update the old Microsoft Edge, I have noticed...
  6. Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.

in Cortana
    Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.: If I click the Start button on my keyboard and start typing, the start menu is eventually going to show me a "Best Match". If I click the "Best Match" when it's a website, Edge will start, loading Bing results for whatever I've entered as a search term. Three things wrong...
  7. reset microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    reset microsoft edge: how do I reset zoom to 100 in Microsoft edge there is no indicator which shows if I am zoomed in or out 137946
  8. Edge Resets to default settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Resets to default settings: Edge resets to default setting after every W10 update. Can MS stop this please ? Favourites are gone, I have to run xcopy to add back. Google search is no longer the default search provider. It also offers to remember password which I disabled. Regards 41036
  9. Default apps being reset by Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps being reset by Windows: Has anyone else experienced default apps in windows 10 being automatically reset? It seems to dislike VLC and Irfanview and resets defaults to Microsoft apps. 41116
  10. Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ativation problem with Office 365 solved by using Micrsoft Edge browserinstead of Chrome browser