Windows 10: Default black and white printing on local printer network IP Printer

Discus and support Default black and white printing on local printer network IP Printer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I explain my problem to you. We have a computer park of Windows 8.1 and 10 PCs which when they connect launch a session script in powershell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by neosimeone82, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Default black and white printing on local printer network IP Printer

Hello,

I explain my problem to you. We have a computer park of Windows 8.1 and 10 PCs which when they connect launch a session script in powershell which will install the printers locally on each PC according to the OU of the Active directory. For example a person connects to Bordeaux, that goes to look for the printers from the OU of Bordeaux and that installs them locally on the station. We mainly have Lexmark black and white but also Epson 5620 and 5790 color printers.

We realized that many people were not paying attention and printing in color even when it was not necessary.
    We are abandoning our print server to transfer all the printers locally to the PCs. When I say local, it will no longer go through the print server. On each site there are network printers with a fixed IP and they are installed with a powershell script. The total number of printers represents 700 printers.
    In powershell I was told that you couldn't do this.
    Do you know a way to set black and white drivers for Epson printers by default, the equivalent of going to Advanced / Default printing / Grayscale see image below.

Default black and white printing on local printer network IP Printer a8761005-78e2-40b5-9574-e30fd111795a?upload=true.png

Thanking you in advance

cordially

Cedric

:)

neosimeone82, Apr 19, 2020

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

The printer itself hasnt changed. I set it up using an IP, not a name. The new server is one of the three DNS/DC on the network. Not sure if theyre in DNS or not. ill certainly check

Hybrid_theory, Apr 19, 2020
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Default black and white printing on local printer network IP Printer

printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

Thema:

Default black and white printing on local printer network IP Printer

1. Default black and white printing on local printer network IP Printer - Similar Threads - Default black white

2. PRINTER WILL ONLY PRINT IN BLACK & WHITE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PRINTER WILL ONLY PRINT IN BLACK & WHITE: My printer HP Envy 5544 will only print in black & white when connected wirelessly to my laptop Acer Aspire M. The printer will print colour in copy mode and will also print a colour test page. It will also print in colour from my wife's HP laptop via wireless connection....
  3. printer printing white

printer printing white: why does my printer in black background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-printing-white/348b3f5d-1d9e-4d8b-9bad-da5cfa81196f
  4. Set default printer based on network IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default printer based on network IP: Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I recall in window 7 there was an option to set default print device based on Network. Has this option been removed or is it just hidden. Please suggest a method that I can set do you default print device based on IP address....
  5. Set default printer based on network IP

in Windows 10 Support
    Set default printer based on network IP: Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I recall in window 7 there was an option to set default print device based on Network. Has this option been removed or is it just hidden. Please suggest a method that I can set do you default print device based on IP address....
  6. printer issue, white prints on black background

printer issue, white prints on black background: I just hooked up a printer and my page prints with a black background with white letters. how do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-issue-white-prints-on-black-background/757dc456-07c3-46d8-acee-5a5b1b28f0cc
  7. Printer prints black text as white text

Printer prints black text as white text: When printing from laptop via wifi my printer now prints black text as white and makes rest of the page black. When printing to same printer from another PC there is no problem. How do I fix this....
  8. Printer is printing black background and white lettering

Printer is printing black background and white lettering: Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why my Brother Printer is printing with a black background and white lettering. The printer was working fine on my old laptop. It's only since I started using my new laptop....
  9. Printer is printing white on black

Printer is printing white on black: My printer has decided to print a black page with writing and images in white. I am using a B&W cartridge but don't understand why it is printing in negative...
  10. printer only prints in black and white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer only prints in black and white: My printer keeps not printing and says "attention needed" I ran all of the trouble shooters and it says all is fine, but still doesn't always print and says attention needed. I fiddled with the settings and now the printer will only print in black and white. if I set the...