Windows 10: Default blocking of .exe files?

Discus and support Default blocking of .exe files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IsaidSalazar, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Default blocking of .exe files?

Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that when I opened the file's properties, in the "Attributes" it was set to blocked. I checked the "Unblock" box and when I opened the file again, it successfully opened. I'm using a new desktop with Windows 11, and I've downloaded other programs, games, etc. on it when I made the switch, but never had this problem with other downloaded .exe files like with Discord, Adobe, etc.. Is this a part of some update? That the files are, by default, being blo

:)

IsaidSalazar, Jan 12, 2023

2. Blocking of EXE file by network security programmes

The file is block by something called smoothwall. It appears to block most, if not all, .exe files from downloading. The file GPU-Z has been identified as a system tool.

I've notice that if these file are .7z or even .zip they most often get thru.

I've no control of this blocking process.

ABBrittain, Jan 12, 2023
  3. Blocking of EXE file by network security programmes

Is it possible to produce a link in 7z format or zip as all exe files are now blocked by network security in the LIBRARIES

ABBrittain, Jan 12, 2023
  4. Default blocking of .exe files?

Blocking of EXE file by network security programmes

I have setup smoothwall in many lab and production instances and I have never seen what you are explaining. Whoever set it up must have changed some settings that is blocking this.

brandonwh64, Jan 12, 2023
Thema:

Default blocking of .exe files?

1. Default blocking of .exe files? - Similar Threads - Default blocking exe

2. How to reset your .exe file types or defaults?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset your .exe file types or defaults?: So, another day I was working on my laptop, and I wanted to open an extension file in Google Chrome and I accidentallyforgot to uncheck the "Always open with " box and well it happened, all of my .exe files now wanted to open in google chrome. Now whenever I try to open a...
  3. Default blocking of .exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default blocking of .exe files?: Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that when I opened the file's properties, in the "Attributes" it was set to blocked. I checked the "Unblock" box and when I opened...
  4. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe default program: Hello, I somehow changed exe's default program. I tried to reset all extension to default but it still asks for a program to open an exe file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-default-program/1eb10ee0-04bd-4a27-992a-74a9c9e8b5c3
  5. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe default program: Hello, I somehow changed exe's default program. I tried to reset all extension to default but it still asks for a program to open an exe file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-default-program/1eb10ee0-04bd-4a27-992a-74a9c9e8b5c3
  6. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Blocked exe file

Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  8. UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.

UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.: If I have a RAR file in a Program Files folder and try to unRAR it I get this... [img] The same file in the Downloads folder can be unRAR'd no problem. This started happening around 1 month ago, so something has changed in UAC. I am the only admin on this PC. How do I...
  9. Exe blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  10. How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall: Hello! I want to block a certain application from any access to the internet, either inbound or outbound, so it will never attempt to upgrade. I went in the Advanced Settings in Windows Firewall but I can only block one-by-one the executable files (EXE) and this...