Windows 10: Default boot device missing or boot failed.

Discus and support Default boot device missing or boot failed. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a new ideapad gaming 3 laptop yesterday. I tried to turn it on, I got a default boot device missing or boot failed error. I clicked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DiD'nt, Dec 3, 2022.

1. DiD'nt Win User

Default boot device missing or boot failed.

Hello, I bought a new ideapad gaming 3 laptop yesterday. I tried to turn it on, I got a default boot device missing or boot failed error. I clicked on OK, then I was given 1 hard drive option. I clicked on it, but nothing happens. How to solve it?

:)

DiD'nt, Dec 3, 2022

2. Default boot device is missing or boot failed

Good evening,

I have a trouble with my other cumputer. Indeed, yesterday, it suddenly crashed and restart. It tried to do an update. After my pc power off, I, obviously, restart it.

However, I had directly this message (just after logo of ACER) : "Default boot device is missing or boot failed" like my Windows 10 was not installed or corrupted.

So, at the moment, I tried to follow this solution : Redirecting

However, after downloadind and running MediaCreationTool on my USB key, when I try to boot on my key on my unfunctionnal pc, it does not work. I still have this message.

I want to precise that I put my USB in first place of my list of boots (in BIOS menu).

Any helps would be really appreciated.

Thanks you in advance.

Best regards,

Aurélien

EDIT: I precise also that I put "Boot mode" on "UEFI". I could fix it on "Legacy" but I guess it won't be usefull in my situation.

Aurelien_Dem, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed.

I’m using a Acer Aspire v5-573PG Windows 10 version and whenever I turn on the laptop it shows

“Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed.

Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key

Then Select ‘Boot Manager’ to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media”.

My laptop’s screen is all cracked up and the screen is opened up. Maybe that’s the problem..?

Dhamma Nhan, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Default boot device missing or boot failed.

Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

So after successfully re-installed Windows because previously my laptop was seriously corrupted, everything worked fine, and then today when i powered on my laptop again, it failed to boot. After it finally booted, something weird happened; Sound setting
    was unavailable, and Windows Explorer menu disappeared.

Many hours later i opened it up again and it completely not able to boot at all. Even Startup Repair didn't work. And then i decided to reinstall Windows once again

When i was trying to install it, the installation couldn't process to the next phase in the very end and then i deleted all of my partitions and installed them again. It succesfully installed Windows but somehow the Boot Manager in BIOS was suddenly missing
    so i couldn't boot the laptop. Tried to Startup Repair and bootrec via bootable USB disk and failed. The error message showed: "Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed". Tried to change boot mode to Legacy BIOS but it's not available

At this point i am really stumped for the next solutions. I need immediate help for this

Hanif Mushlih, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Default boot device missing or boot failed.

1. Default boot device missing or boot failed. - Similar Threads - Default boot device

2. Erazer Crawler E10 is default boot device missing or boot failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erazer Crawler E10 is default boot device missing or boot failed.: Hi, I'm JordanMy Erazer Crawler E10 is default boot device missing or boot failed since 28 January, I cannot do repair my laptop because I am difficult to do something good.On boot setting, there is no legacy mode to boot device.On installation media, I cannot reinstall the...
  3. Erazer Crawler E10 is default boot device missing or boot failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erazer Crawler E10 is default boot device missing or boot failed.: Hi, I'm JordanMy Erazer Crawler E10 is default boot device missing or boot failed since 28 January, I cannot do repair my laptop because I am difficult to do something good.On boot setting, there is no legacy mode to boot device.On installation media, I cannot reinstall the...
  4. Default boot device missing or boot failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default boot device missing or boot failed.: Hello, I bought a new ideapad gaming 3 laptop yesterday. I tried to turn it on, I got a default boot device missing or boot failed error. I clicked on OK, then I was given 1 hard drive option. I clicked on it, but nothing happens. How to solve it?...
  5. Default boot device missing or boot failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default boot device missing or boot failed.: Hello, I bought a new ideapad gaming 3 laptop yesterday. I tried to turn it on, I got a default boot device missing or boot failed error. I clicked on OK, then I was given 1 hard drive option. I clicked on it, but nothing happens. How to solve it?...
  6. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed error message.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed error message.: Hello. When I open and start my Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga I get the usual screensaver but then very quickly the screen goes blue for a second and then I get this error screen.After I click OK I get this screenOn this screen, I cannot click anything or get off of it.When I hold...
  7. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed: Hi there, I'm having this issue multiple times and restarting my pc has always solved this issue but I currently can't restart my pc because I'm still working on my unsaved school project, is there any way to solve this issue without restarting my pc? [IMG]...
  8. Windows 10 default boot device missing or boot failed

Windows 10 default boot device missing or boot failed: Hello i recently bought a new lenovo laptop and i had to do the updates for it. Well i see that at first the 2004 windows 10 update was being held back due to compatibility issues so i waited for the update to be made available. It became available a few days later and then...
  9. Boot device missing or Boot failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot device missing or Boot failed: Hey, I just bought a new Lenovo laptop a few weeks ago and just recently it has been acting up. Sometimes it just crashes and give me the BSOD, then it says "Default Boot device missing or boot failed. Insert recovery media and hit any key ..." It's quite annoying because I...
  10. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed: So after successfully re-installed Windows because previously my laptop was seriously corrupted, everything worked fine, and then today when i powered on my laptop again, it failed to boot. After it finally booted, something weird happened; Sound setting was unavailable, and...