Windows 10: Default Boot Device Problem

Discus and support Default Boot Device Problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a new SSD drive along with my old HHD.I moved windows to the new SSD and from the BIOS I changed the Boot device to the SSD. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ghamdifa11, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Default Boot Device Problem

I bought a new SSD drive along with my old HHD.I moved windows to the new SSD and from the BIOS I changed the Boot device to the SSD. The problem is when I restart the PC it runs the windows again on the HHD by default and I have to change the boot device manually every time I run the PC. How can I set the SSD as a default boot device ? I already tried in the BIOS and the system configuration but nothing worked

:)

Ghamdifa11, Nov 18, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 18, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Boot Device Problem :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 18, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Default Boot Device Problem

Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 18, 2021
Thema:

Default Boot Device Problem

1. Default Boot Device Problem - Similar Threads - Default Boot Device

2. Default Boot Device Missing fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Boot Device Missing fix?: I just bought Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7. After turning on for the first time, an error "Network media not available, retry media connection in 1 sec" appears, followed by a popup titled "Setup confirmation" and text below "Default boot device missing or loading failed”....
  3. Default Boot Device Missing fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Boot Device Missing fix?: I just bought Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7. After turning on for the first time, an error "Network media not available, retry media connection in 1 sec" appears, followed by a popup titled "Setup confirmation" and text below "Default boot device missing or loading failed”....
  4. Default boot device missing or boot failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default boot device missing or boot failed.: Hello, I bought a new ideapad gaming 3 laptop yesterday. I tried to turn it on, I got a default boot device missing or boot failed error. I clicked on OK, then I was given 1 hard drive option. I clicked on it, but nothing happens. How to solve it?...
  5. Default boot device missing or boot failed.

Default boot device missing or boot failed.: Hello, I bought a new ideapad gaming 3 laptop yesterday. I tried to turn it on, I got a default boot device missing or boot failed error. I clicked on OK, then I was given 1 hard drive option. I clicked on it, but nothing happens. How to solve it?...
  6. Default boot device missing or boot failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Default Boot Device Problem

Default Boot Device Problem: I bought a new SSD drive along with my old HHD.I moved windows to the new SSD and from the BIOS I changed the Boot device to the SSD. The problem is when I restart the PC it runs the windows again on the HHD by default and I have to change the boot device manually every time...
  8. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed: Hi there, I'm having this issue multiple times and restarting my pc has always solved this issue but I currently can't restart my pc because I'm still working on my unsaved school project, is there any way to solve this issue without restarting my pc? [IMG]...
  9. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed: So after successfully re-installed Windows because previously my laptop was seriously corrupted, everything worked fine, and then today when i powered on my laptop again, it failed to boot. After it finally booted, something weird happened; Sound setting was unavailable, and...
  10. No boot device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot device problem: A friend called me last night saying water was spilled on his laptop (running Windows 10) and that it would not turn (on). He brought it over and it would not power up. I said I would look at it and he left. I then lifted the lid and saw that the machine did, in fact, have...