Windows 10: Default browser is opening automatically, It doesn't allow search or browse anything.

Discus and support Default browser is opening automatically, It doesn't allow search or browse anything. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Default browser is opening automatically, It doesn't allow search or browse anything. I am having this problem from last 2 weeks. First, I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Muhammad Ali Silat, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Default browser is opening automatically, It doesn't allow search or browse anything.

My Default browser is opening automatically, It doesn't allow search or browse anything. I am having this problem from last 2 weeks. First, I thought It was Google Chrome issue so I have uninstalled it and had same problem with every browser. If the broswer is default, It opens 100 of tabs automatically. I had to close all of with task manager. I can't work on anything as focus of frame keeps changing to new browser tabs.

Also when I search for anything or type URL, It resets to homepage default page in same time amount. I can't search anything on browser.

I have reset my window using 'Reset my PC' settings. Before doing that, I have scanned my device with malwarebytes, Comodo, and Kaspersky

I am using Thinkpad T560 with Window 10 PRO build OS, i5 6th Generation, 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD

I saw someone posted the same issue. But I have cleaned the entire hard drive, it has only windows 10 installed and I am still having problem.

I have almost tried everything to sort out, even removed my entire data from the HDD.

Need help with this problem.

Thanks.

:)

Muhammad Ali Silat, Jun 15, 2020

2. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Jun 15, 2020
  3. How do I stop Windows 10 from automatically opening browser for wifi authentication?

Bill,

What I suggest you is to clear out all defaults for it and assign them to your preferred browser.

To do so, follow these steps:

Type "Default" to Search box.

Choose Default option with the checkmark icon.

Pick your new browser in the list and "set as default".

Hope this helps.

Yuri Nathan, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Default browser is opening automatically, It doesn't allow search or browse anything.

default browser starts opening automatically

Hi

I have this problem. It started a week back. Whenever i connect charger to my laptop, default browser starts opening automatically, like over 50 times in a minute. i cant work on anything as focus of frame keeps changing to new window (of
    browser).

Also the URL resets to homepage in same time amount. I cant search anything on browser. This issue is observed in both Edge and google chrome OS, (whichever is default, or open).

I have wiped my HDD, and installed clean image(multiple times, msdn subscription image), i still have the issue.

I have scanned for rootkit and virus, but found nothing. Problem continues on windows 10 as well as windows 8.1.

• issue not found in Linux , but i really need to work with windows, and this issue is creating problem.
    • Checked for keyboard errors, no key found to be pressed.
    Need help with this problem.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

abhinav_raj, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Default browser is opening automatically, It doesn't allow search or browse anything.

1. Default browser is opening automatically, It doesn't allow search or browse anything. - Similar Threads - Default browser opening

2. Help. Browser support automatically opens up on all of my browsers. It doesn't stop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. Browser support automatically opens up on all of my browsers. It doesn't stop.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Herowell21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxjcl3/help_browser_support_automatically_opens_up_on/
  3. BrokenURL prevents URLs being opened in the default browser automatically

in Windows 10 News
    BrokenURL prevents URLs being opened in the default browser automatically: BrokenURL is a free software program for Microsoft Windows devices designed to give users a choice when it comes to the opening of URLs opened externally (outside the browser). If you are a Windows user, you may have noticed that certain events, the installation or...
  4. Windows 10 opening new tabs in the default browser automatically, It doesn't allow search...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 opening new tabs in the default browser automatically, It doesn't allow search...: I am using Thinkpad T560 with Window 10 PRO build OS, i5 6th Generation, 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD. Problem: My Default browser is opening automatically. It doesn't allow search or browse anything. If I remove the browser, it shows popup again and again for how do you want to...
  5. Search defaults to Bing Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Search defaults to Bing Browser: V 1909 OS Build 18363.752 Sorry if this has been answered- here goes from new Win 10 install: I type in the search box and the default browser is Bing, I've tried a lot of the 'solutions' to try and change the default to Chrome. This is what I've done: 1) Changed default...
  6. Default OS Search Engine (not browser)

in Windows 10 Support
    Default OS Search Engine (not browser): Hi all, I've done a fair bit of searching on this site and others and cannot find any mention of how to change the search engine used by the OS from Bing to anything else. This is the search engine used when you, for example, right click on a process name in task manager and...
  7. Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.

in Cortana
    Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.: If I click the Start button on my keyboard and start typing, the start menu is eventually going to show me a "Best Match". If I click the "Best Match" when it's a website, Edge will start, loading Bing results for whatever I've entered as a search term. Three things wrong...
  8. unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser: I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. after installing, the first thing I did was install chrome. and it worked until I installed updates to windows, after that only edge was able to brows websites. edge works windows update works battle.net works chrome does not...
  9. W10 won't allow to set default browser

in Browsers and Email
    W10 won't allow to set default browser: I am having a problem setting my default browser. In to reset my defaults in settings. Restore to default. Now Edge is now my default browser. Now I can't set my default browser to Cyberfox or any other browser. I press the cyberfox icon and nothing happens. The plus sign...
  10. SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser: Hi! Today, I present to you SearchWithMyBrowser, a little tool to open your Cortana searches in your default browser. Since April 28th, Cortana opens Edge, to force Bing upon you. SearchWithMyBrowser fixes this. It redirects searches to your default browser. If you have...