Windows 10: default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE

Discus and support default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I force my Windows 10 pro version 1903 to use FF for all webbrowser actions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Niek.Kloots, Jul 9, 2019.

1. default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE

How can I force my Windows 10 pro version 1903 to use FF for all webbrowser actions?

:)

Niek.Kloots, Jul 9, 2019
  2. mlg63 Win User

Unable to view Outlook 2016 email in browser

You cannot open Office Outlook email in a browser. You must use Office's Outlook program to open your email. Browsers cannot open mht files. Note that Win 10 Outlook.com in the Mail App is not related to Office's Outlook. Don't use the Mail App for your
    business mail. It is for the home user and webmail.

To open links in any email, you must choose a default browser. Search for Default Apps and choose a browser.

mlg63, Jul 9, 2019
  3. KK_SH Win User
    Default Outlook 2016.

Akheel thanks.

but did not help. when I tried these steps there were 2 outlooks programs eg: outlook( desktop) and outlook 2016. and I cant uninstall any outlook.

thanks

KK_SH, Jul 9, 2019
  4. default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE

Default Outlook 2016.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Lets follow the below steps and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + 'X' key.

2. Click on Control panel.

3. Click on default programmes.

4. From the list select the Programme Outlook 2016.

5. Select the option Set this Programme as default.

6. Click on ok.

Let us know if the above steps were helpful.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE

1. default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE - Similar Threads - default browser set

2. Desktop outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop outlook 2016: I recently upgraded my desktop machine including outlook / apps. On launch my outlook office had a new design, very much like how web office/hotmail operates. After some some problems printing and some outside it support, my outlook defaulted back to a classic style view much...
  3. Cannot set IE as a default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set IE as a default browser: I want to have IE as a default browser. I am trying to set it using Chrome. I do it in the following way: select Internet Options, then Programs but the Programs tab disappears after that. I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it again but nothing has changed...
  4. Making IE 11 the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE 11 the default browser: Our company still use IE 11 for many things and I was looking for a way to make it the default browser, anybody got some good tips on how to do this? many thx *Biggrin 125823
  5. IE 11 not able to view MHT files from Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11 not able to view MHT files from Outlook: In MS Outlook, most html emails (from mass marketers) have a "view in browser" link at the top of the preview pane. Recently, my Internet Explorer 11 is no longer able to open/view these mht files. The IE 11 browser can't seem to open the file, but if I copy and paste the URL...
  6. Opera, then IE now FF

in Browsers and Email
    Opera, then IE now FF: Opera was doing some crazy things to my web viewing and wondered if it was clashing with some Win 10 upgrade, so I changed to IE and Facebook looked like it had the sunday morning shakes after a night in the pub. And web sites were temp locking them jumping back to life, so I...
  7. Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser: Since upgrading to Windows 10 - When I set IE as my defaultbrowser and click on a link in Outlook 2010 some links will open and some ofthe longer links (more than approximately 25 characters give or take) aretruncated. So IE only sees part of the link and I get a “webpage...
  8. Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook: Hi, I have made Seamonkey my default browser. When I click on a link in outlook, IE opens and I do not seem to find a setting to stop outlook doing that. Very annoying. Richard 19838
  9. Force IE,CHROME,FF website shortcuts placed on desktop to open FULL SC

in Browsers and Email
    Force IE,CHROME,FF website shortcuts placed on desktop to open FULL SC: With other software shortcuts on my desktop when you right click them and then click properties there is a shortcut tab that allows you to select RUN: MAXIMIZED. Why is this shortcut tab not on a shortcut created by right clicking the desktop, new, shortcut? Is there any...
  10. How to set MS Office 2016 to open links in Firefox (default browser)?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to set MS Office 2016 to open links in Firefox (default browser)?: Howdy: How do I configure MS Office 2016 Pro Plus (specifically Word, but also PPT, Excel, Pub) to open embedded hyperlinks in my default browser, Firefox, under Win10/Pro? Yes, Firefox is properly configured everywhere I know to look as the default browser. Edge is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default browser for outlook 2016