Windows 10: Default browser windows 10

Discus and support Default browser windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After downloading windows 10, it is not letting me choose Firefox as my default browser. Also, certain hyperlinks only take me to Microsoft edge and do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sparrowsll, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Default browser windows 10

After downloading windows 10, it is not letting me choose Firefox as my default browser. Also, certain hyperlinks only take me to Microsoft edge and do not let me use Firefox. Links that I used to sign in with Firefox have been disabled.

:)

sparrowsll, Jan 17, 2020

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Default browser windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Default browser windows 10

1. Default browser windows 10 - Similar Threads - Default browser

2. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  3. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  4. How do I get Chrome back to being my default browser in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Chrome back to being my default browser in Windows 11?: I have Windows 11. Up until about 3 weeks ago when I clicked on a web link, it opened Chrome. Now it opens Edge. I have reset every setting I can find to Chrome and it still opens a web link in Edge. I have done the following and it has not helped:To change your default...
  5. How do I get Chrome back to being my default browser in Windows 11?

How do I get Chrome back to being my default browser in Windows 11?: I have Windows 11. Up until about 3 weeks ago when I clicked on a web link, it opened Chrome. Now it opens Edge. I have reset every setting I can find to Chrome and it still opens a web link in Edge. I have done the following and it has not helped:To change your default...
  6. Default web browser sets to Edge each time afte reboot

Default web browser sets to Edge each time afte reboot: None of the known solutions works anymore. Change default program to Firefox and it reverts to Edge each time after reboot. I also can't uninstall it. Physically removed all related files but it returned with the next update like a cancer....
  7. Default web browser sets to Edge each time afte reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default web browser sets to Edge each time afte reboot: None of the known solutions works anymore. Change default program to Firefox and it reverts to Edge each time after reboot. I also can't uninstall it. Physically removed all related files but it returned with the next update like a cancer....
  8. Default web browser sets to Edge each time afte reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Chrome is set as my default browser. Edge repeatedly opens links and seems to undo the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome is set as my default browser. Edge repeatedly opens links and seems to undo the...: I have tried the "pdf viewer" solution offered in an earlier thread - no luck - several times. Started and restarted. And Edge just keeps coming back. Can anyone help please? I am on Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0. 2261...
  10. Chrome is set as my default browser. Edge repeatedly opens links and seems to undo the...

Chrome is set as my default browser. Edge repeatedly opens links and seems to undo the...: I have tried the "pdf viewer" solution offered in an earlier thread - no luck - several times. Started and restarted. And Edge just keeps coming back. Can anyone help please? I am on Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0. 2261...