Windows 10: Default browser windows 10

Discus and support Default browser windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After downloading windows 10, it is not letting me choose Firefox as my default browser. Also, certain hyperlinks only take me to Microsoft edge and do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sparrowsll, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Default browser windows 10

After downloading windows 10, it is not letting me choose Firefox as my default browser. Also, certain hyperlinks only take me to Microsoft edge and do not let me use Firefox. Links that I used to sign in with Firefox have been disabled.

:)

sparrowsll, Jan 17, 2020

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Default browser windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Default browser windows 10

1. Default browser windows 10 - Similar Threads - Default browser

2. Continually Asked to Make Browser Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Continually Asked to Make Browser Default: Every time I start up Windows tells me Firefox is not my default browser and I have to tell it to make it my default. This also happens if I close the browser and then reopen it again. I also notice that if I click a link in an email that instead of opening a new tab in the...
  3. Attempting to view an Outlook.com email in my default browser MS Edge new ONLY opens IE11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Attempting to view an Outlook.com email in my default browser MS Edge new ONLY opens IE11: I cannot view an Outlook.com email in my default browser, Edge, because it only opens IE11. I have used a laptops using 18363.628 for Public Release and Release Preview, towers using Insider 19559.1000 for fast and slow rings, all using versions of MS Office Professional...
  4. Firefox won't stay as default browser (W10-1909)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox won't stay as default browser (W10-1909): As stated. I obviously tried pretty much anything that was recommended to try. I also went ahead and manually disabled Edge but it still doesn't stay. Any ideas people? Thx ahead. submitted by /u/mrrobc97 [link] [comments]...
  5. Change the default browser

Change the default browser: When I go to settings and click on Apps and choose Default apps I am unable to pick any other browser except Edge or Internet Explorer. There is an option to choose an app from the Microsoft Store but that doesn't help. I am running Windows 10 HOme version 1909 OS build...
  6. Default OS Search Engine (not browser)

in Windows 10 Support
    Default OS Search Engine (not browser): Hi all, I've done a fair bit of searching on this site and others and cannot find any mention of how to change the search engine used by the OS from Bing to anything else. This is the search engine used when you, for example, right click on a process name in task manager and...
  7. Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.

in Cortana
    Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.: If I click the Start button on my keyboard and start typing, the start menu is eventually going to show me a "Best Match". If I click the "Best Match" when it's a website, Edge will start, loading Bing results for whatever I've entered as a search term. Three things wrong...
  8. Assigning default browser

Assigning default browser: Need help with assigning default programs. Upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64 bit from Win 7 64 bit. My browser of choice is Firefox. When I open Firefox, I am told it is not my default browser. When I try to set it to be default, Settings opens to allow me to make my choice....
  9. Updated windows 7 to windows 10: can't change default browser to firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated windows 7 to windows 10: can't change default browser to firefox: I've just finished updating my PC from 7 to 10, and I'm now trying to change my default browser. Unfortunately, Firefox won't show up as one of the possibilities. I can only see edge, IE and to chose from the store. The firefox application by itself works fine, but I cannot...
  10. Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10

Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10: Hi, We had a requirement to block Edge, which was successfully done through GPO, and where we had to set the default browser back to Internet Explorer 11. The issue we have is that if a user search the web using the default Windows 10 search tool, he/she will be presented...