Windows 10: Default Browser

Discus and support Default Browser in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Windows computer and it won't let me choose the default browser as chrome!! I reset it to chrome so many times but Yahoo keeps showing up when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DivyaKrishnan1, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Default Browser

I have a Windows computer and it won't let me choose the default browser as chrome!! I reset it to chrome so many times but Yahoo keeps showing up when I search up something in a new tab....

:)

DivyaKrishnan1, Oct 21, 2019

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Default Browser

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Default Browser

1. Default Browser - Similar Threads - Default Browser

2. Change the default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the default browser: When I go to settings and click on Apps and choose Default apps I am unable to pick any other browser except Edge or Internet Explorer. There is an option to choose an app from the Microsoft Store but that doesn't help. I am running Windows 10 HOme version 1909 OS build...
  3. Default OS Search Engine (not browser)

in Windows 10 Support
    Default OS Search Engine (not browser): Hi all, I've done a fair bit of searching on this site and others and cannot find any mention of how to change the search engine used by the OS from Bing to anything else. This is the search engine used when you, for example, right click on a process name in task manager and...
  4. Default browser windows 10

Default browser windows 10: After downloading windows 10, it is not letting me choose Firefox as my default browser. Also, certain hyperlinks only take me to Microsoft edge and do not let me use Firefox. Links that I used to sign in with Firefox have been disabled....
  5. Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.

in Cortana
    Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.: If I click the Start button on my keyboard and start typing, the start menu is eventually going to show me a "Best Match". If I click the "Best Match" when it's a website, Edge will start, loading Bing results for whatever I've entered as a search term. Three things wrong...
  6. Assigning default browser

Assigning default browser: Need help with assigning default programs. Upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64 bit from Win 7 64 bit. My browser of choice is Firefox. When I open Firefox, I am told it is not my default browser. When I try to set it to be default, Settings opens to allow me to make my choice....
  7. Updated windows 7 to windows 10: can't change default browser to firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated windows 7 to windows 10: can't change default browser to firefox: I've just finished updating my PC from 7 to 10, and I'm now trying to change my default browser. Unfortunately, Firefox won't show up as one of the possibilities. I can only see edge, IE and to chose from the store. The firefox application by itself works fine, but I cannot...
  8. Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10

Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10: Hi, We had a requirement to block Edge, which was successfully done through GPO, and where we had to set the default browser back to Internet Explorer 11. The issue we have is that if a user search the web using the default Windows 10 search tool, he/she will be presented...
  9. how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?: No matter what I try, I cannot make any other browser my default except for Edge, and I do not want that, and now especially even more because it is denying me!...
  10. How to make Canary my default browser ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Canary my default browser ?: good morning all, How to make Edge Canary my default browser ? It seems it is impossible to open the short cuts / tiles to websites that are on my "desk top" in Edge Canary. They keep opening in the standard Edge. My system details are: Surface Go, 4GBram, 64GBstorage,...