Windows 10: Default browsers

Discus and support Default browsers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I make IE my default browser for links to sites on my work network and Chrome as my default for links to the WWW?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartinRoseWO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Default browsers

How can I make IE my default browser for links to sites on my work network and Chrome as my default for links to the WWW?

:)

MartinRoseWO, Aug 5, 2019

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Default browsers

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Default browsers

1. Default browsers - Similar Threads - Default browsers

2. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  3. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  4. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  5. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  6. No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?: I am unable to change my default browser as the option doesn't even exist. Under Default Apps there is no option for "browser" or "web browser". Additionally, Edge, Brave, and Firefox do not show up in that list. In the search box for "Set defaults for applications" I have...
  7. No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?

No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?: I am unable to change my default browser as the option doesn't even exist. Under Default Apps there is no option for "browser" or "web browser". Additionally, Edge, Brave, and Firefox do not show up in that list. In the search box for "Set defaults for applications" I have...
  8. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  9. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  10. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I dont wan google as my browser