Windows 10: Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10

Discus and support Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi guys! In the new way to add events in Win 10 calendar app, you don't seem to be able to set a default account. Is there any way to see a fix... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Cristian Andres De Sio, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10

Hi guys!

In the new way to add events in Win 10 calendar app, you don't seem to be able to set a default account.

Is there any way to see a fix for it?

Thanks!

Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10 c36e1927-0416-4391-b0f1-ef944f102426?upload=true.png

:)

Cristian Andres De Sio, Dec 17, 2019

2. gmail calendar event is deleted by calendar app

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If your Google calendar can't be synced with the Windows Calendar app, then follow the below Microsoft article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/see-google-events-calendar-app

If the issue persists then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app form the Windows Store.

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to assist you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 17, 2019
  3. n64ra Win User
    Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar

Hello,

I use live.com for email, Windows 10 for my laptop, and Android for my smart phone.

I have some events saved on my Google Calendar and some events saved on my Windows 10 Calendar app. I'd like the two synced so I followed these directions (How to use Google Calendar on Windows 10 PC | Windows Central). I can now see my Google Calendar events on the Windows 10 Calendar app. I can NOT see the Windows 10 Calendar app events on my Google Calendar.

On the Windows 10 Calendar app, I noticed that I have a choice when making a new event as either a 'live.com' event or a 'google.com' event. Selecting google.com event does sync to Google Calendar, but selecting live.com event does not. Is there any way to get 'live.com' events to show in Google Calendar?

Thanks

n64ra, Dec 17, 2019
  4. FaeFern Win User

Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10

Windows 10 calendar: new calendar

When I access outlook on the web, I have the option of creating a new calendar. I use this to separate the type of events I put on my calendar. I have the holiday one, of course, but I also have one I use to keep all my school classes and events in, so they're a different color than everything else. I then just made one for 'special' events, because I've got an increasing amount of such events, like musical dates, opera dates, my nephew's boy scout events, etc, that I want to have show up separate from my classes. I want to be able to filter which sort of events show up, and I can on outlook.com. That's not my problem. I just click 'new calendar' and I can customize these sort of events.
    However, the problem shows up when I go to the calendar app for windows 10. I use it a lot- a LOT -and it does show different calendars on the side bar. It's got my main outlook calendar, my 'birthday calendar', and the holiday calendar to choose from. I can filter one out, or let them all show up, etc. But those are the only three that show up. My 'special events' calendar and my 'classes' don't show up on the sidebar there. I thought maybe I just needed to wait until it automatically synced with outlook, but when it did, all my classes and special events disappeared completely. These two new, customized calendars don't sync with the app, and the events that are on those calendars disappear.
    Is there a way to make these new calendars show up on the Windows 10 app, or do I just need to wait? I restarted my computer to sort of 'force' it to update and sync when it came back on, but still no dice. Or is this possibly just a feature the app doesn't support and I might as well move all those events back to the same calendar and deal with them all looking exactly the same? Also, I have a windows phone and want the different calendars to show up on the mobile version of the exact same app.

FaeFern, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10

1. Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Default calendar events

2. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  3. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  4. iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  5. iCloud calendar events now showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events now showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  6. Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...
  7. Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars

Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars: Hi, I hope its not too much of a FAQ but... In Win10 Calendar app, what are all the calendars on the left? I see Cortana, Outlook and Microsoft Account. Each one has one or more named calendars below them. It seems only the Outlook calendar is able to sync across to my...
  8. Calendar New Event

Calendar New Event: Can't get this to work,click on new event and nothing happens? Calendar loads OK and highlights today,just can't add any events. This was a new install and I think it worked after the install,not sure why not working. Thanks for any suggestions on helping me fix this....
  9. Windows 10 calendar: new calendar

Windows 10 calendar: new calendar: When I access outlook on the web, I have the option of creating a new calendar. I use this to separate the type of events I put on my calendar. I have the holiday one, of course, but I also have one I use to keep all my school classes and events in, so they're a different...
  10. Cannot create a new event in Calendar App

Cannot create a new event in Calendar App: Hi, I can't find anyone else with this problem anywhere on the internet. My calendar app opens fine. I did the setup with adding accounts and I can view the calendar perfectly in any way I want (by month, day, etc.). As far as I can tell, everything is working except for...