Windows 10: Default calendar settings

Discus and support Default calendar settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have set up my Google calendar details within Windows 10 so if I hit the calendar icon it shows my Google calendar entries. I have just made a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pete Donahue, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Default calendar settings

I have set up my Google calendar details within Windows 10 so if I hit the calendar icon it shows my Google calendar entries. I have just made a couple of airline bookings which give the option to add details to calendar. When I hit this hyperlink, I get an .ics file downloaded and then when I click on this, a window opens to set up an Outlook account which I do not want to do. I can find no way to stop this automatic linking to Outlook as there does not seem to be a calendar option under defailt program settings. Can anyone help me set my system up so such calendar entries are added to my Google account?

:)

Pete Donahue, Sep 30, 2019

2. Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 30, 2019
  3. windows 10 default calendar cannot be set to the calendar app

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set Calendar app as default:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel and click on Default Programs.
    • Click on Set your Default Programs.
    • Click on Calendar app on the left side and click on
      Set as Default from the drop down option. Refer to the screenshot below:

Default calendar settings 0db0bf96-a334-41ac-8cdd-cee9ec882ff8.png

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 30, 2019
  4. opjose Win User

Default calendar settings

Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

As everyone here is trying to tell you, you CANNOT do that.

It is "broken" and needs a fix from Microsoft.

opjose, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Default calendar settings

1. Default calendar settings - Similar Threads - Default calendar settings

2. calendar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    calendar settings: I have Chinese character in my calendar. I want to remove them. I have Windows 11 as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-settings/9141a8c1-dc2d-4a5d-8541-7b9b04348b50
  3. calendar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calendar settings: I have Chinese character in my calendar. I want to remove them. I have Windows 11 as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-settings/9141a8c1-dc2d-4a5d-8541-7b9b04348b50
  4. calendar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Organization default calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization default calendar: Hi, I need to have a default organization calendar, which should be visible in outlook calendar for any user as it is default. Let's say, [example]: you have public holidays, new year eve, or any even such as national day or Company formation day, These kinds of events should...
  6. Organization default calendar

Organization default calendar: Hi, I need to have a default organization calendar, which should be visible in outlook calendar for any user as it is default. Let's say, [example]: you have public holidays, new year eve, or any even such as national day or Company formation day, These kinds of events should...
  7. calendar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calendar settings: My friend searching something in my settings and accidentally made some mistakes. I have Chinese character in my calendar. I want to remove them and I don't know how and I don't want to mess settings as well. I have Windows 11....
  8. calendar settings

calendar settings: My friend searching something in my settings and accidentally made some mistakes. I have Chinese character in my calendar. I want to remove them and I don't know how and I don't want to mess settings as well. I have Windows 11....
  9. Calendar settings

Calendar settings: Hello. Can i get some assistance to set up a meeting scheduled in a different time zone from mine. The meeting is set at 20:00 GMT +8 on Tuesday , what will be the set time in West Africa ? and how can i save it in my calendar...
  10. Calendar settings

Calendar settings: I am trying to colour code my calendar entries on my laptop. I saw and earlier feed that reported MS had stopped this function on Windows 10. The advice given was to change the colour on the online version of the calendar. I went there. My online calendar is empty ... but my...