Windows 10: Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key?

Discus and support Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to determine if there is some reason for the Registry item to contain mentions of battle.net, when neither it or any blizzard product has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by T-lake, Aug 9, 2022.

1. T-lake Win User

Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key?

I am trying to determine if there is some reason for the Registry item to contain mentions of battle.net, when neither it or any blizzard product has been installed on the machine.Registry key in question: HKEY_USERS\C__Users_<username>_ntuser.dat\System\GameConfigStore\Children\<GUID>\ProcessDependenciesIf anyone can confirm, I'd appreciate it. Thanks,T-lake

:)

T-lake, Aug 9, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

REGEDIT NAME OF NUMBERS GAMECONFIGSTORE CHILDREN PARENT ...

Hi Tairoruiz

That is not a file, it is a registry key and deleting registry keys is not advised, you can brick your Windows by editing the registry . . .

May I ask what are you trying to do on your PC that led you to trying to edit the child keys of gameconfigstore and perhaps we can help you to do that . . .

DaveM121, Aug 9, 2022
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 9, 2022
  4. klepp0906 Win User

Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID?

So, the highlighted string in my screenshot. Does it have a purpose? The game hasnt been on G in years. I moved it to I:\ which it was just on until about a month ago, then it was then moved to S:\ which will be its perma home for some years to come. (hard drive upgrades are fun)

Anyhow, upon launching, the MatchedExeFullPath updated from I: to S: just fine. The UtmItemID string is not only not present on most of the subkeys under gameconfigstore\children, but the ones that it is - all seem to point to an old drive location 2 locations old.

Is this able to be deleted or does it tie in somewhere else?

Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key? [​IMG]

klepp0906, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key? - Similar Threads - Default Contents GAMECONFIGSTORE

2. Registry Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Key: hello, I'm wondering if this value found in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows is normal.the value name is "Load" with the value data of "C:\Windows\System32\msn.exe, C:\Windows\System32\msh.exe"thank you...
  3. Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key?: I am trying to determine if there is some reason for the Registry item to contain mentions of battle.net, when neither it or any blizzard product has been installed on the machine.Registry key in question:...
  4. Registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry key: How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key/62df446d-c4af-49b0-b902-eb1898ce55b5
  5. Default Registries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default Registries: Please could someone tell me the default values for CoolSitchColumms, CoolSwitchRows and CursorBlinkRate in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop submitted by /u/void_the_gardevoir [link] [comments]...
  6. Resetting a Registry file to it's default

Resetting a Registry file to it's default: Hello, I'm a gamer who play Escape from Tarkov, I have a moderate laptop so my fps isn't so good... a month ago I saw a reddit post that had a method to increase FPS, he said to disable full screen optimization of the .exe first then said to change some registry files that...
  7. Default Registry key Hive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default Registry key Hive?: is it possible to find a such template fr cross-referencing my new install with original defaults anywhere? I would like to check how clean my clean install really is... I'm afraid I have a rootkit or some sort or a hyper-persistent RAT as I've re-installed my OS 15 times+...
  8. Game DVR GameConfigStore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game DVR GameConfigStore: good day microsoft. I am in need of some help. I have an issue where specifically Resident Evil 3 is not automatically creating a chilren and parent file in the registry after loading up the game. I backed everything up and tried a couple things to see if I could get it to...
  9. Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID?: So, the highlighted string in my screenshot. Does it have a purpose? The game hasnt been on G in years. I moved it to I:\ which it was just on until about a month ago, then it was then moved to S:\ which will be its perma home for some years to come. (hard drive upgrades are...
  10. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822