Windows 10: Default Deleted documents and downloads folder now they keep confusing

Discus and support Default Deleted documents and downloads folder now they keep confusing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No backups, no system restore, nothing of the sort. No data to worry about either. But the folders were being annoying confusing themselves for each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by W7fordays, Jul 24, 2016.

1. W7fordays Win User

Default Deleted documents and downloads folder now they keep confusing

No backups, no system restore, nothing of the sort. No data to worry about either. But the folders were being annoying confusing themselves for each other, my downloads shortcuts were renamed to documents and pointed to the documents directory but the icon still looked like the downloads icon. Read that carefully, windows has gone nuts. So I deleted the two folders in attempts to fix this problem but it's still happening.

Default Deleted documents and downloads folder now they keep confusing [​IMG]

Update:

Now this is whats happening, really getting ticked at the annoyance that is Windows 10.

Default Deleted documents and downloads folder now they keep confusing [​IMG]

:)

W7fordays, Jul 24, 2016

2. Moved folders do D: and now cant get them back

Ok, try the nuclear option. Backup your files in Documents and Downloads. Then get rid of all folders named Documents and Downloads from both D:\ as well as C:\Users\username\.

Now create two new folders named Documents and Downloads under C:\Users\username\. Both should show up with the default (yellow) folder icon. Right-click each one in turn, go to Properties > Location tab and click the Restore Default button. This
    should restore both folders to their default settings, with their original Documents and Downloads custom folder icons.

Once you have everything back to normal (hopefully), you can try modifying their location again, but this time to existing folders in D:\.

RobertJWin, Jul 24, 2016
  3. windows 10 download

I just downloaded Windows 10 and now all of my photos and documents are gone. I was not asked if I wanted to keep or delete everything during the download. I double clicked on the photos app and it is dark but nothing opens. I click to open my documents
    and it says folder empty. HELP!!!!!! How do I recover these things?

MrsPhillips927, Jul 24, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

What third party software are you running in the background or using for what some market as a "System tuner" type software?

bro67, Jul 24, 2016
  5. W7fordays Win User
    Just bitdefender and malwarebytes.

W7fordays, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Default Deleted documents and downloads folder now they keep confusing - Similar Threads - Default Deleted documents

2. "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it: Hi, I NEVER use the Downloads folder within Documents. Whenever I delete it, about a day or so later it magically reappears no files in it and I need to delete it again. My default download location in Edge is the desktop so I'm unsure why Windows feels the need to recreate...
  3. "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it: Hi, I NEVER use the Downloads folder within Documents. Whenever I delete it, about a day or so later it magically reappears no files in it and I need to delete it again. My default download location in Edge is the desktop so I'm unsure why Windows feels the need to recreate...
  4. Default download folder - fault - New documents will save to:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default download folder - fault - New documents will save to:: I can't change the default download setting for files in Win11.Its stuck on C folder.All documents I download go there.There are no options when I try to change the default folder.Anyone know how I can fix this?Thanks...
  5. Default download folder - fault - New documents will save to:

Default download folder - fault - New documents will save to:: I can't change the default download setting for files in Win11.Its stuck on C folder.All documents I download go there.There are no options when I try to change the default folder.Anyone know how I can fix this?Thanks...
  6. Confusing documentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusing documentation: Trying to customize the task barSo which one of these two is correct?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/configure-windows-10-taskbarThat one is newer, has an image of what I am trying to do remove all but Start, Search, and Task VeiwOr this...
  7. Confusing documentation

Confusing documentation: Trying to customize the task barSo which one of these two is correct?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/configure-windows-10-taskbarThat one is newer, has an image of what I am trying to do remove all but Start, Search, and Task VeiwOr this...
  8. Confusing documentation

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Confused by different document folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused by different document folders: Hi, What is the difference between the document folder with a beige folder icon and the one with a page with a large 'A' and lines? Which one should I use to save my documents? Thanks, Candice document icon image.pdf Windows 10 Home, Version -10.0.19041 Build 19041 171987
  10. default "Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default "Documents" folder: Can someone help me change my default "Documents" folder setting? What happened, I believe, is that when I was first installing W10, I was happily clicking through the setup checkboxes, asking if you want this there and that here, and something else over in this place. At...