Windows 10: default desktop and downloads location

Discus and support default desktop and downloads location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I basically fused my default Downloads and desktop folders so now anything that goes to my downloads folder also appears on my desktop and vise versa... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bc3089, Apr 17, 2021.

1. bc3089 Win User

default desktop and downloads location

I basically fused my default Downloads and desktop folders so now anything that goes to my downloads folder also appears on my desktop and vise versa

i accomplished this by, going into the properties of both my download and desktop folders and changing the path on the location tab to G:

is there any way to separate them back out?

:)

bc3089, Apr 17, 2021

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Apr 17, 2021
  3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 17, 2021
  4. default desktop and downloads location

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

default desktop and downloads location

1. default desktop and downloads location - Similar Threads - default desktop downloads

2. Default location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default location: Some apps recognize my location while others do not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-location/04eb1e61-80ba-44cc-86de-542662b47490
  3. Problem in restoring default location of desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem in restoring default location of desktop.: I have accidentally changed my desktop location in windows 10 to E:drive and I can't able to restore default location. How can I restore default location?...
  4. Change download location on screen on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change download location on screen on desktop: [ATTACH] Whenever I download a file from any browser or email, the file is placed directly below the Recycle Bin in the top left. It shifts all other icons down below that instead of putting it in the first available spot located from top to bottom, left to right. Does...
  5. How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?

How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?: Hi I have a ZBook 17 G3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I was copying some files to my external HD. I don't know what I did, but somehow I changed the Desktop's location to the External drive. How do I correct this? I see where to change the location but I'm not...
  6. Change default save location to Desktop

Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  7. Default location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default location: Is there a way to set the default in Windows 10 and New Edge so it don't do this Microsoft map changes default location every time I sent default, it reverts to Conroe, Texas 1157 miles as the crow flies from me....
  8. Change default paste location on desktop

Change default paste location on desktop: When i copy something and paste it on the desktop, it goes to the top left corner, pushing all my icons to make space. I want it to be put at the end of the list on the desktop,without affecting the location of other files. submitted by /u/kattiper [link] [comments]...
  9. default download location

default download location: Somehow after downloading a pdf file, when I went to open it, the file is saved on something called "microsoft office click to run integrated office". This is not where I intended it to be, and I have never seen things download to this before. Can someone tell me how to get...
  10. Edge: Default Download Location?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Default Download Location?: How do I change the Default Download Location in Edge? 10084