Windows 10: Default e-mail not working and no choices

Discus and support Default e-mail not working and no choices in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use an email client but can't set it as default anymore. I used to be able to choose it as a default. In the latest update, to change my default... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Loopygram, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Loopygram Win User

Default e-mail not working and no choices

I use an email client but can't set it as default anymore. I used to be able to choose it as a default. In the latest update, to change my default email it offers me the windows mail or to look on the microsoft store. Why can I no longer pick the one I want from my computer. so frustrating to say the least.*Banghead

Thanks for any help.

LOOPY

:)

Loopygram, Sep 24, 2019
  2. sbh7600 Win User

Hello @Loopygram,

Did you set in the the "default app" section ?

Default e-mail not working and no choices [​IMG]

sbh7600, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Loopygram Win User

This pic will show the options you now have to set a default email. No options to pick one from your PC

Default e-mail not working and no choices [​IMG]

Loopygram, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Default e-mail not working and no choices

No default e-mail application registered on computer.

Have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am using the Microsoft Mail app. When attempting to e-mail a scan from my Brother printer, I get the following: "There is no default e-mail application registered on your computer. Please configure the default e-mail
    application."

Mail is selected as my default program, and in "Set Program Access and Computer Defaults," under "Custom", the only choice for e-mail is "Use my current e-mail program."

Any thoughts?

larrye1063, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Default e-mail not working and no choices - Similar Threads - Default mail working

2. E-mail is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E-mail is not working: E-mail has quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-is-not-working/e0d9e527-ce17-41a3-b7b9-e846659ab5ae
  3. E-mail is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-mail is not working: E-mail has quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-is-not-working/e0d9e527-ce17-41a3-b7b9-e846659ab5ae
  4. change the default e-mail for windows license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change the default e-mail for windows license: I have been using Windows for 20 years and have moved to a new state. My old internet provider wanted my e-mail address back. My machine is still running fine, but I am considering replacing it. I am concerned about getting the new machine attached to all of my old records...
  5. configure the default e-mail application

in Windows 10 Customization
    configure the default e-mail application: I want G-mail to be the default email application on my Windows 10 PC - how do I accomplish this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-the-default-e-mail-application/255ae6ce-478b-4f95-b90a-8e7f313eee3e
  6. E-mail account not working on the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    E-mail account not working on the mail app: I have a tiscali e-mail account, the app lets me add the account. It tries to sync the emails but it's an infinite loading process that never works. I can't recieve nor send emails due to this. Did anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/DanieleGerussi [link]...
  7. how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail: Hi, I am using a dedicated (old but useful) software as mail client (Eudora). In Win7, it was possible to designate this software as default mail client (so that "mailto" in web pages will open it. In Win10, all I see as possibilities to designate a mail client are...
  8. Default e-mail client no more chosen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Default e-mail client no more chosen ?: Appears to be a 'one-off' situation where an APP I've used for many years to send reports (a PDF file) works fine on 2 of my 3 Dell Latitude laptops ... but can't get a proper operation on one laptop. All three laptops have new/fresh/clean installations of Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Default e-mail client not chosen ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default e-mail client not chosen ?: Appears to be a 'one-off' situation where an APP I've used for many years to send reports (a PDF file) works fine on 2 of my 3 Dell Latitude laptops ... but can't get a proper operation on one laptop. All three laptops have new/fresh/clean installations of Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Default E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Default E-Mail: Installed 10 and now can't find how to make Yahoo my default e-mail 17417